EA planning “big” announces for US summer showcase

Monday, 4th July 2011 18:52 GMT By Johnny Cullen

EA’s promised some “big announcements” for the company’s annual summer showcase this week.

Senior events and media manager for the publisher, Wendy Spander, said during the US holiday weekend that the company was “preparing for the big EA Summer Showcase on Thursday. Big announcements ahead!”

Last year’s showcase seen announcements of Fight Night: Champion, Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, Alice: Madness Returns and more.

We’re going to bet you’re going to hear the formal announce of the original Crysis for PS3 and 360 at the event. And more of Battlefield 3. Because you can never have enough Battlefield 3 in your life.

1. someguy2

First, it was Fight Night Champion shown off last year. Secondly, I really want to see Mirror’s Edge 2

2. Johnny Cullen

Yeah, that’s what I meant.

3. Lahanas

Battlefield 3, Battlefield 3, oh and Battlefield 3 please.

4. Erthazus

I’m sure they will announce Battlefield 3 beta :D

5. DSB

They have a lot of stuff lined up with Origin, ME3, SWTOR and BF3.

I would be very surprised if they didn’t do something controversial with BF3 to bring people over. That, and SWTOR is going to make the client.

6. Maximum Payne

Actually is going to be Respawn new project – Sci fi FPS.

7. The_Red

Mirror’s Edge 2 would be uber sweet. Hopefully it will feature a mode that is all about killing Tim Langdell in various ways.

8. onlineatron

Looking forward to it, EA usually has some good shit.

EDIT: This is the first post I’ve been able to make in days! I’ve had a problem where I post comments, yet they never appear. This is a recurring issue, and It’s rather annoying.

9. Edo

Yup,some Mirror’s Edge 2 news would definitely be awesome,but,it’s probably Respawn’s first game related announcement and some more BF 3 stuff.

10. Johnny Cullen

I would honestly be surprised if you see the new Respawn game, Mirror’s Edge 2 and a date for the Battlefield 3 beta at that event.

Why? That Respawn game, even with the art tease last week, is still ages out. Mirror’s Edge 2 is in development limbo (although I do hope we see it sooner than later). And the date for the BF3 beta will all but likely be dropped at the EA presser in Germany.

So I’d highly doubt any of those would happen. Then again, I’d like to be proved wrong on the first two at least, considering the BF3 beta date is all but a certainty for Cologne.

11. TaTaTow

@6 @10
    I guess we can expect the first glimpse of the Repawn game. First the teaser site and then the day of the summer case is just the day the new gameinformer cover will be revealed.

12. Golden

fingers crossed for James Pond 4.

13. IL DUCE

Syndicate?

14. IL DUCE

@Johnny…well it’s not necessarily that far out…could see it as early as 2012, 2013 may be more likely but they have been working on the game for over a year (since May or June 2010)

15. Proinvestor.se

This will be The Syndicate ! We are goona rock&roll alll weekend ! Can´t wait for them to show a trailer !

16. Johnny Cullen

@14 I highly doubt they would have literally been starting developing a game a month after finding the studio. I’d say they would have only started production around late July or early August last year.