Codemasters dates Bodycount for September 2 for EU

Wednesday, 29th June 2011 10:03 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Codemasters has just announced FPS Bodycount will launch on September 2 in Europe.

The game will launch in the US on August 30.

Bodycount’s been developed at Codemasters’ Guildford studio, originally under the leadership of former Black director Stuart Black.

Black left halfway through development, followed then by studio GM Adrian Bolton.

You can watch the latest trailer for it from E3 here.

It’ll be out on PS3 and 360

1. manamana

Thats feisty from Codies, by launching with Rage…

2. HeavenlyGamer

No way I’m getting Rage over this! :)A welcome change from those so called realistic shooters.

3. Phoenixblight

Riiight a game that is showcasing explosions and pseudo-destructive environments is going to somehow win against Rage who is made by the company that started FPS. Rage > Bodycount.

4. DSB

I don’t really think a great 90′s pedigree counts for all that much. Doom 3 wasn’t exactly the Doom 2 of its time.

id are essentially doing two things with Rage, trying to make a great game, and showing everybody how technologically advanced they are. The latter sometimes affects the former in a negative way, compared to people who are simply licensing the engine, to fit a more specific purpose.

Still, Bodycount looks absolutely terrible, and I don’t think it’ll even register on the radar by the time Rage gets out. There’s a lot more to making a fun chaotic shooter, than simply placing a bunch of dummies and explosive barrels everywhere.

5. Phoenixblight

I found Doom 3 to be a fantastic game my only gripe was the multiplayer was only through system link. Anyways John Carmack is a God and one of the few innovators for pushing technology. Most of the todays technology is based on what he has done with ID’s engines.

6. Dr.Ghettoblaster

Rage is October 4. Bodycount is end of August.

I don’t even know why these two games are being compared.

7. ultramega

I was just thinking that myself.