Quick quotes: Bleszinski hoping for Gears 3 MP to rival Halo

Friday, 17th June 2011 14:44 GMT By Johnny Cullen

“I don’t think we can hit CoD numbers, because that’s such a phenomenon, but I’m hoping we can get close to Halo numbers. The thing about those franchises is that they’re wonderful and they’re established – but they’re also two or three games ahead of us. We’re only on the third game of the series. There’s a few more Call Of Dutys and Halos under their belt.” – Cliff Bleszinski, speaking to CVG, on where its aiming for Gears of War 3′s multiplayer

1. Maximum Payne

Keep hoping :P
    If Gears of War 4 marks maybe new trilogy on ps360 and PC maybe they can match Halo.

2. bobiroka

And CoD is multiformat duh.

3. Dr.Ghettoblaster

I know he’s talking about numbers, but as far as the game itself is concerned, I always thought Gears of War was the more impressive series over Halo.

4. DaMan

Come back to me when you have an Odst-like campaign, and an omp with a fixed shotty ;), Gears of Chainsaws. Then again, I ‘m not really into whack a mole anyway.

5. absolutezero

Judging by the beta the Gears 3 multi is still broken as fuck with idiots firing from long range with the shotgun and not being punished for it.

Single player is a heavily enforced cover based slightly tactical shooter, the multiplayer could not be further from that if it tried.

Roll spam, nade spam, spam spam and fuck awful netcode.

6. Gekidami

It doesnt matter how many Halos and CoD’s there are. Fact is both of those games have enjoyable gameplay in MP, Gears on the other hand is only just a step up from the old Resident Evil ‘tank controls’.

7. LOLshock94

@5 game would of been even if it was for those muddling saw off

8. ExxonValdez

yeah the sawed off shotgun killed it for me :(