Insomniac releases the first in a series of Resistance 3 developer diaries

Tuesday, 14th June 2011 17:53 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Insomniac has released the first in a series of developer diaries for Resistance 3 focusing on various elements and a wide range of topics regarding the game.

Each were shot in the Resistance 3 war-room, which gives you an idea of the main room at Insomniac studios that “lays out the entire R3 single-player campaign experience,” and a room in which any person at the company can “go to and get an up-to-date picture of what will be happening at any moment in the game.”

The firm, has blurred the backhground out a bit so as not to giv away too much of the game, though.

Enjoy the first dev diary below.

Resistance 3 is out September 6 in the US and September 9 in the UK.

1. Gekidami

Video isnt available, apparently.

EDIT: Well fuck me. And as soon as i post that, it is. Of course.

2. minxamo

‘I’ts not really devoid of colour it’s just controlled colour’

With a nice, controlled splash of brown over EVERYTHING. What ever happened to good colour schemes?

3. Lewis247

I’m not even going to watch this as I know what I would be getting into.. this series is so fucking bland and boring. I’m surprised if anyone even wants this game after what they have shown so far… *yawn*

What the fuck ever happened to jak and daxter? Now THAT was a good sony exclusive series.

4. polygem

i agree about jak n daxter but i really don´t think resistance is a bad franchise at all. it´s great. it´s one of the few sony exclusives i regret not having a ps3 for anymore. i didn´t enjoy killzone and even uncharted (though great games) more than resistance 1 and 2 – honestly – uncharted is a great game and deserves all the glory but i think the artdesign is boring and as i said many times but will never get tired of: nathan drake is an annoying ricky martin wannabe. not a charakter i wanna play in a game. absolutely not. that nearly was a gamebreaker in both games for me. still enjoyed them a little though. insomniac just nails the gameplay in their games. this makes resistance a superfun game. the bullseye is among the best sci-fi videogame weapons of all time imho. i think they did well to work out the story a bit in 2 and if they continue that 3 looks really promising to me. the mp in 2 was also really really good. overall this looks everything but boring to me. but talking about sony exclusives: what i really do not understand is why sony isn´t making a new pimped up ps3 medievil. that would probably make me buy a ps3 again instantly.

5. KL

@2 0:14-00:19 did you see BROWN in there?if so you need a new pair of glasses.
    are you also whining about Gears of War monotonous GREY?of course not.
    back to your hole now

6. YoungZer0

@2: Wow, you’re colorblind.

7. Kuwabara

you retarderd polygem?? uncharted has some of the best art design ever!