Operation Flashpoint: Red River has some Unfinished Business

Tuesday, 31st May 2011 20:47 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Codemasters has released a video for Operation Flashpoint: Red River called Unfinished Business.

It is shown via the perspective of a marine who is part of the US force fighting against the Chinese.

Red River releases for PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 June 7 in the US.

Watch the video below courtesy of Blue’s News.

1. YoungZer0

Definitely felt unfinished.

You know, the game wasn’t that bad to be honest. But all this Marine Corps Jingoism Bullshit destroyed it for me.

2. Moonwalker1982

What the hell, i thought this game was already out. I swear i’ve seen it in the shops here. So for the first time a game releases in Europe first and then the US?

3. YoungZer0

Not really the first time. Most European Developers would release their game in Europe first.

4. Moonwalker1982

Ah i didn’t know that. But there are even euro devs who release a game in the US first.

5. YoungZer0

I know. Guess it depends on the Publisher.

6. DSB

I played a couple of minutes of Red River, and it felt like a dumbed down version of Delta Force: BHD. I literally couldn’t make myself play it any longer after the first mission.

I thought the first one showed a lot of potential, but they were quite obviously more concerned with kicking a sequel out the door than actually improving the formula.

7. Moonwalker1982

Yeah they truly fucked OFP up. It was brilliant on PC, but we’ll never see a game like that on console.

8. Heinekeno

That was example of C rated movie and the game can not be any better.
    >>goes back to BF2 Project Reality<<

9. GwynbleiddiuM

wow… can’t wait for Stg. nobody to bore me to death again, and trust me all that game did was make me run till I drop and bleed me with words…

10. DSB

@7 One of the truly great things about the very first OFP was that it had a very long time to mature. People were able to create mods over several years that were far more impressive than the game itself.

Now that Bohemia kicks a build out the door pretty much every year, the volounteers have little chance of keeping up, especially since they don’t ensure reverse compatability.

And the fact that they keep prioritizing graphics over actual gameplay just makes it worse.

11. manamana

Actually I liked Dragon Rising on console, it was a dumbed down Arma version with bugs and flaws, but I kinda liked it. With Red River they tried to make it easier to handle whilst packing in more action with patriotic bullshit. Really, the annoying and rude jabber is trying to be uttercool and so pro american, that it hurts to listen. Sold it a week later. Operation Flashpoint is dead. At least on the consoles …

12. Moonwalker1982

Exactly, but what i loved about the game itself was the tension, the suspense. Every second during a mission it could be over,no real checkpoints, nothing. I loved that game.

13. TheBlackHole

I dunno…

“If you don’t shut up I’m gonna beat you so hard that Google won’t be able to find yo’ ass”

I kinda enjoyed the dialogue tbh :)