Battlefield 3, ME3, SSX live demos for EA E3 presser

Tuesday, 24th May 2011 18:37 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Live demos of Battlefield 3, Mass Effect 3, SSX and Need for Speed: The Run will make up part of EA’s E3 press conference in two weeks time, its been confirmed.

Madden NFL 12, FIFA 12 and Star Wars: The Old Republic will also play a part in the presser on June 7.

The information comes from a press release US network Spike TV put out today, confirming that it’ll be the exclusive broadcaster for the event. It’s already announced it’s to air Microsoft’s presser exclusively on US TV.

“We are thrilled that Spike TV and MTV Networks will broadcast the news about Battlefield 3, Star Wars: The Old Republic, FIFA Soccer 12 and other EA blockbusters to millions of gamers around the world” EA CEO John Riccitiello said on today’s news.

Full press release is here. Keza MacDonald and Nathan Grayson will be in attendance at EA for live coverage on VG247 on Monday, June 6 from 12:30pm PST (3:30pm EST, 8:30pm BST, 9:30pm CET, 6:30am Sydney).

1. Moonwalker1982

I so hope they finally show the console version of Battlefield 3. I know it looks sick as hell on PC, but i really would like to see how the console version is shaping up.

2. deadstoned

With games like that showing at EA’s press conference, I think they’re press event will be the best.

3. manamana

Pre E3 leak: Ricitiello has a relation with Kotick.

4. Xuchilbara

I hope BF3 blows the shit out of CoD3 at E3

5. Robbins

@1 yeah I would also like to see the teased Crytek UK announcement

6. Grimrita

Ive lost all interest in World of Star Wars, bought Rift over the weekend and enjoying it. A nice blend between WoW and WAR.

I hope (and doubt) that there will be multiplayer footage of BF3 at e3, so /yawn

7. noherczeg

BF3 multiplayer please thxbb.

8. Perfectionist

I’m looking forward to ME3 more than BF3

9. OrbitMonkey

@8 So is 75% of the gaming world ;)

Though I don’t think either BF3/MW3 will show multiplayer :(

10. noherczeg

Correct me if i’m wrong but isn’t E3 the last chance for them to show the remaining features for all of their games? I mean, there’s not going to be any other show ’till e.g. BF3 launches. So this is basically the last chance to show us the shinies right?

11. Moonwalker1982

But that one would be for the MS conference i bet, cause it’s 360 exclusive. You mean Project Kingdoms right?

12. darksied

Um, no, I think you have that wrong. I would guess more people would be waiting for BF3 and MW3 that Mass Effect 3 (considering the way they sell compared to ME2 and ME1). But I hope they do show the console versions and multiplayer; it’s been a while now, we need to know what those 2 look like.

EA is shaping up to have a great E3. Good luck to them, because they have some of my favorite franchises; don’t screw them up!

13. OrbitMonkey

@12, Lol I just re-read what #8 wrote! I thought he said MW3 :D

14. Shonak

@10: Nope, Gamescom is in August and I think Tokyo Game Show is before November too?

@ME3: Actually, I am more hyped about ME3 than BF3 and MW3 both together. :>

15. Talkar

GDC Europe – August 15-17,
    gamescom 2011 – August 17-21,
    TGS 2011 -September 15-18,
    Anything else? x)

16. Johnny Cullen

E3 and gamescom will be the big ones. EA does have a TGS showcase – announcing Shadows of the Damned last year – but it leaves the big stuff for LA and Cologne.

17. Moonwalker1982

There’s a biiiiiiiig chance i will go to Gamescom this year, as press, so i’m gonna be seeing/playing alot of good stuff.

18. El_MUERkO

Eurogamer Expo – September 22-25 :)