Signs point to PSN services getting ready to restart

Friday, 13th May 2011 09:16 GMT By Jessica Citizen

Brace yourselves – while PlayStation Network isn’t quite open to the public yet, we’re hearing reports that the internal PSN developer network is back online, so it shouldn’t be too far off.

PlayStation Network error 80710A06

While SCE corporate communications director Patrick Seybold is still remaining quiet on the topic, simply stating that “We’re working to get hte network back on as soon as we can,” NeoGAF forum member Kagari has reported that this might be sooner than anticipated.

“The internal PSN developer network is online again, at least it seems for some,” Kagari says. “Looks like the full network, at least the online play/account part of it, will be back soon.”

Kagari reports that new account signup is one feature that hasn’t returned yet, while other commenters observe that the connection is “sporadic”, and only appears in certain regions.

This is in the wake of earlier reports that suggested Sony would bring PlayStation Network matchmaking online “within the next couple of days”.

We’ve emailed Sony for further information, but gamers around the world have their fingers crossed that they may be able to get online before the previously “inaccurate” date of May 31st.

1. Gekidami

Yeah, i read that apparently devs are showing up on the KZ3 & SOCOM 4 score boards as playing recently.

2. Blerk

Start. Your. Engines!*

* in a minute. Or ten.

3. Robo_1

If they got it up and running for the weekend then that would be great.

I’m betting on early next week however.

4. loveaya

SONY,just be faster,the sunshine outside is too strong for me…

5. Mike

Since is when a random NeoGaf poster a valid source?

Here’s a good example: I’ve heard that XBL will be free of charge from July.

Now, write it up! :)

6. Blerk

We should all Tweet that now and see what happens. :-D

7. Mike

Done. :)

8. Blerk

Retweeted! :-D

9. daytripper

superb stuff. now if we get a starhawk beta aswell i’ll possibly cockcopter all around the office

10. Mike

I expect a written denial from MS by Monday morning.

11. galaxy366

Finally ^^, i just want to redeem my PC Portal 2 code, wish i need to do trough PSN wish is stupid :(

12. TheWulf

I think you should be able to do that via the PC Steam client. Click the Add a Game button at the bottom left, then click Activate a Product on Steam in the context menu that pops up. Click Next, click I Agree, then plug in your registration code and confirm it.

That should add it to your PC Steam list.

13. OwningXylophone

@ The Wulf

Nah, if you try that it tells you that you need to have linked your PS3 & your steam account before you can download it.

14. NeoSquall

It’s painfully ironic that the most marketed feature of Portal 2 for PS3 (i.e.: SteamPlay, or “being able to play the game on PS3, Mac and yes, your PC” for the ignorant) is the worst part of the PSN-Gate affair for those who purchased the game for PS3 just to get it for both platforms.

I was about to do it myself, then I had to delay that purchase because I just found the last copy of the Castlevania: Lords of Shadow Collector’s Edition (the one with the mask) in Italy at a fair price (85 euros delivered), so I just decided to “purchase it later”.

Seems like Patrick Stewart blessed me with his bald awesomeness :D