Dragon Age 2 DLC adds class-specific items

Thursday, 28th April 2011 03:15 GMT By Brenna Hillier

BioWare has popped three new DLC packs up for Dragon Age 2, each adding armour, weapons and items specific to each of the game’s classes.

You can grab each pack individually at 240 BioWare or MS Points, or grab the lot in one hit for 400, for PC and Xbox 360. PlayStation 3 players will have to wait, for obvious reasons, but pricing will be $3 each or $4.99 for the bundle.

Items will be class-specific, but can be equipped by companions as well as Hawke.

No word on what items are included, but there’s a little backstory for each pack:

• Mage: The story of the Hawke family began with the forbidden love of a fugitive mage hiding from the chantry, and the noblewoman who abandoned her life of power and privilege to flee across Thedas with the man she loved. These mementos of Malcolm and Leandra Hawke’s adventures have now passed to their children. Take up the family legacy, and write your own chapter of the Hawke family tale. This item pack includes relics and mementos of untold power for use by your mage and mage followers.
  • Rogue: Collected here are the storied items of the greatest scoundrels the Dragon Age has ever known. Dashing liars and murderous shadows – the best and worst that rogues offer. Add to the legacy, or just enjoy the fact that as good as they were, you have their stuff. This item pack includes new armour, weapons, and accessories for use by your rogue and rogue followers.
  • Warrior: The original owner of this priceless collection was an Orlesian chevalier who was stabbed in the heart thirteen times. His prized possessions were taken from fin at the time of his death, and since then, anyone who has claimed a piece of his stolen property has met a gruesome and untimely end. each piece of this collection would make a princely gift for a warrior in your company. But would you tempt fate, and risk the wrath of a man murdered in cold blood? This item pack includes a collection of arms, armour and accessories for your warriors and warrior followers.

Thanks, Big Download.

1. jacobvandy

How the hell am I supposed to buy this if they don’t tell me what they are?

2. Phoenixblight

You can wait until other players buy it and they post what they are in the forums or the comment section.

Well I personally don’t mind this stuff. I have decided to wait for a period of time like a year than wait for a half off sale and I buy all the DLC for the game then I replay the game with all the DLC its like a completely different game. I did this with Mass Effect 2 and I liked the all new fresh items and DLC all at once so I going to do the same for DA2.

3. Hunam

These sort of item DLC’s are the worst kind of DLC. It’s just lazy and cheap.

4. viralshag

I do think that this kind of DLC should be free. I mean, really, it’s some new gear with a new look and some boost to stats. Is that really worth $5. Call me cheap if you will but I don’t think this adds that much value.

I didn’t enjoy DA2 enough to bother playing through again. DLC or not.

5. Crazyfoolgaf

I agree that is a bit of a scandal that this sort of thing isnt free, but I decided to take a chance on it, and you do get your money’s worth more or less. I bought the full pack, and each set contains two full sets of armor (one for the first act, another for the second), and a few new weapons. The armor is good enough to last you the entire act, and the weapons level up with you, so you can keep them for the whole game if your so inclined.
    On top of that, you get a number of misc items, such as amulets and rings that your companions can use, these are also very high spec and level with the characters. Oh, and it goes without saying, all of the stuff looks really cool. If your inclined towards playing the game over, Id recommend it, otherwise, no point.

6. YoungZer0

Complete ripoff if you consider that most of the mage clothes in DA2 is taken from the first one.

7. freedoms_stain

Stands by decision to wait for Ultimate Edition.

I wish devs would go with the “expansion pack” philosophy of dlc. Big ass chunk of content a la DA Awakening, RDR Undead Nightmare, GTA Ballad of Gay Tony and Lost & the Damned. and fire in all the bullcrap items and pish into those. 1200 or 1600 points that feel worth it rather than 240 that makes me feel robbed.