RE: Operation Raccoon City shots and video are mental

Tuesday, 12th April 2011 16:06 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Direct feed shots and character renders for Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City from Capcom’s Captivate Event have been released, and each shows just hectic and mental this game is going to be. There’s also a video in there with Japanese subtitles, so don’t let the Biohazard moniker in it fool you or anything.

The game, which was on hand at the event in Miami last week, pits Umbrella’s USS against the US’s Spec Ops in a third-person action setting where you and four of your friends can participate in squad-based combat.

Zombies, B.O.W.s and other monsters are also in the mix to contend with, and using these creatures as a tactical advantage will not only help you and your team complete your objectives, but will earn you points as well.

Look for our feature on the game later this week.

RE: Operation Raccoon City is slated for a winter release on PC, PS3, and Xbox 360.

1. StolenGlory

“…and each shows just hectic and metal this game is going to be.”

‘Metal?’

Cool! \m/ etc… :)

On a serious note though, still not quite convinced by this.

2. Blerk

I’m almost interested. But not quite.

3. Stephany Nunneley

@2 I wasn’t until I saw it last week. More on that later, etc., but I am all effing over it when it comes out. :D

4. loki

peace of crap

5. triggerhappy686

Why is everyone giving this game a hard time?? More Resident Evil?? Hells yeh I’ll be playing that this winter BRING IT ON :)

6. KrazyKraut

not “Made in Japan” not Resident Evil.

7. Xuchilbara

What the hell is that giant lizard doing in RE? I don’t remember him from any games, am I wrong?

8. triggerhappy686

@ KrazyKraut – It might freshen it up a bit, who knows. I was quite dissapointed when I heard the were outsourcing it… but look at it, it looks pretty damn good.

9. spiderLAW

They are in Resident Evil 0-3, Resident Evil 1 remake, and Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles

10. YoungZer0

@6: Resident Evil hasn’t been Resident Evil for a long time now. Nothing lost.

11. triggerhappy686

^^ unfortunate but true :(

12. Dr.Ghettoblaster

Well……….it doesn’t look like RE5 so it’s got that going for it so far…

13. tigersaman

doesn’t even look like a RE

14. Monk

Trailer :

15. Stephany Nunneley

Ah! Thanks Monk. I just added it before I saw your link there.

16. Nozz

Cool trailer!

I dont know why but I laughed so hard at the part with the B.O.W.

Something tells me theres going to be a game mode where you play as Leon and escape from the U.S.S team, pretty cool idea.

It kinda looks like socom confrontation with zombies present on the battlefield. I don’t know whether thats good or bad tbh!

17. Dr.Ghettoblaster

I’d still LOVE a RE2 remake in the same style of RE1 GameCube remake. Hell, even be happy for the RE1 GameCube remake being brought to PSN/XBL in any way shape or form..

18. Bloodyghost

Resident Evil

From Horror to Less Horror to Shooter and a tad of Horror to…

3rd person shooter.

Its sad. I dont know what I rather see die, this or Sonic. At least Sonic still does the same run and platforming instead of changing drastically.

19. a7md1990

terrbile voice acting…. terrible gameplay…. Terrible recab of the story.. terrible third person style…. this is coming from the biggest resident evil fan.. a fan who always liked the game better when it made him poop the shit out of his rectum

20. osric90

Hm… I mean, those characters look to much like a Return to Castle Wolfenstein, or Jericho game… not Resident Evil… I mean, I better wait for a Japanese Resident Evil 6.

21. YoungZer0

Ugh Fuck this.

Why are they after Leon? Because he entered Raccoon City? Why send out a s– JUST WHAT THE FUCK WERE THEY THINKING?! Those guys look stupid. I don’t want to play those! I don’t want to hunt Leon. I don’t give a fuck about Leon. Let me play the Mercs from the third one. Let me play the HUNK Team or something. Don’t let me play those Splinter Cell Rejects!

Let me play for survival. Taking Zombie Hostages? Are you FUCKING STUPID or something?! They’d eat your arm!

This could’ve been one hell of a game, but this is just utter shite!

22. LOLshock94

i can see this game being fun but i dont like the idea of killing leon it sounds to retarded

23. YodaJokerBacon

This is why Resident Evil now sucks.

The movies suck, and the game series now sucks.

What a shame Capcom. Way to fuck up a fantasic original IP.

24. DSASADSF

WELCOME http://www.okeynice.com

Tshirts (Polo ,ed hardy,lacoste) $16

Jean(True Religion,ed hardy,coogi) $30

Sunglasses(Oakey,coach,gucci,Armaini) $16

New era cap $15

Bikini (Ed hardy,polo) $25

input this URL:

( http://www.okeynice.com )

25. Zurtech

Think it looks goods, glad to see Raccoon City and zombies again. Personally as much as I loved RE4, do wish 5 was more zombie based like the originals.