Motorstorm Apocalypse gets March 31 UK release

Tuesday, 22nd March 2011 14:11 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Sony’s confirmed to VG247 that Motorstorm Apocalypse will launch in the UK next Thursday.

The news was originally reported by MCV, but SCEE’s confirmed the report with us.

Having previously been due to release this past Friday, it’ll now release on March 31.

Apocalypse takes place in a city destroyed by earthquakes and other disasters. However, the Evolution Racer was delayed last week due to the earthquake and tsunami in Japan.

SCEA said that the release of the game in the US was delayed indefinitely.

“Although we have shipped the game into the channel last week, given that we are able to do so, we have chosen to postpone the launch in the UK,” a Sony UK rep told VG247 last week on the delay.

SCEE as a whole added: “We are shocked and saddened to see the impact of the earthquake and tsunami in Japan and our thoughts are with all those affected, including our colleagues within the Sony family, living and working throughout Japan.

“We are very conscious of the parallels between these events and the underlying theme in Motorstorm and are doing everything we can to be as sensitive as possible to the situation. Although the game itself is already in distribution, we are ceasing any further shipments and removing as much of the marketing materials as possible.”

1. YoungZer0

Brumm, brumm, brumm. Can’t wait. Haven’t played a racing game in years.

2. StolenGlory

Out of interest, how did you rate Split/Second?

3. Lounds

this game won’t sell as well

4. Detale

Looking forward to this. I had great fun with Pacific Rift, and Split/Second too, I’m hoping that this will be a great combination of the two.

5. KAP

I got my copy yesterday and I’ve almost finished single player already. It’s really really hectic and more accessible then the other two before it.

6. Ireland Michael

Awesome. I will most definitely be enjoying this when it comes out.

7. Dr.Ghettoblaster

Ordered mine from Hong Kong last week (was cheaper than UK). Hopefully get this week or next. I’m in USA so as long as I can play it before US release i’m happy.

8. tenthousandgothsonacid

Interesting it’s launching on a Thursday rather than the usual Friday. I guess they want it out in this tax year and that’s the last possible day…

9. LOLshock94