Chaos confirmed for Warhammer 40K: Space Marine

Tuesday, 22nd March 2011 18:17 GMT By Alex Donaldson

It’s just been confirmed that the forces of Chaos will be featuring in Relic Entertainment’s upcoming third-person shooter, Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine.

The Chaos Space Marines will show up in the game as enemies and will be up to something no good that only the muscled, gruff Captain Titus will be able to stop.

THQ’s released new screenshots and artwork of the forces of Chaos as they’ll appear with the game.

Destructoid has the lot, along with an interview with the game’s lead producer, Raphael von Lierop.

The game releases for 360, PS3 and PC later this year.

1. Erthazus

YEEEEEAH :D

2. Zares

^I echo that statement. Also hoping they will feature in multiplayer, which would be the height of ausome!

EDIT: Just noticed that the interview also seems to confirm a sequel. My my, THQ, you are on a roll…

3. Crab of Thunder

Awesome, chaos are so badass! :)

4. NeoSquall

Obligatory:

KILL THE TRAITOR SCUM!!!

5. Schindet Nemo

Can’t wait for Space Marine even though I’m sick off the generic Space Marine vs Chaos settings.
    What about a Warhammer 40k: For the Greater Good Tau vs Necron game for a change. Or a fallout like Rpg where you play an Inquisitor.

6. Crysis

@5, Well Dark Millennium will be an MMORPG, but I’d also love an open world RPG like Fallout or Oblivion for the W40K universe.
    There’s a W40K mod for Fallout3 if you’re interested, just google it.

7. NeoSquall

@5 I’m in for the Inquisitor-like RPG.

I’d kill (psychically) to be able to play as Eisenhorn.

8. Crab of Thunder

The WH40k universe is awesome tbh, a fallout-style game would be awesome.
    And yeah, a game based on inquisitors would be good due the variety of epic tasks they like to do. :)

9. Schindet Nemo

@6 I know about Dark Millenium Online(looking forward to it), I’d still prefer an epic offline RPG though. And thanks for the mod recommendation I’ll check that one out.

@7 I kinda prefer Ravenor :)