Martyn Brown and Team17 part ways

Friday, 4th February 2011 11:32 GMT By Patrick Garratt

Team17 studio head and co-founder Martyn Brown has just announced on Facebook that’s he has left the UK developer.

Team17

Based in Yorkshire, UK.

Formed in 1990.

Best known for the Worms series.

Recently worked on Alien Breed reboots for XBLA, PSN and PC.

“I can finally announce that I left Team17,” he said.

“I had an amazing 20-year ride and whilst it’s the end of a truly enjoyable period of my life, it equally signals the start of a really exciting new one.

“My sincere, heartfelt thanks to everyone who helped, in any way, shape or form over those two glorious decades. I leave Team17 in great shape, but now is time for my own adventure.”

Speaking on the phone after posting the announcement, Brown said that he’d “pretty much” decided what he’s going to do next, but “can’t talk about it yet”.

When asked why he’d left the Yorkshire based firm, Brown said only that it was “time”.

The intro to T17′s first Amiga game, Full Contact.

The moniker “Team17″ was first adopted by the firm in 1990.

Team17 is best known for the Worms series, which first appeared on Amiga in 1995. Worms went on to spawn 17 various games, and enjoyed great success in recent years on XBLA.

The company’s other Amiga-darling game, Alien Breed 3D, released in the same year. The title was rebooted at Alien Breed Evolution and Alien Breed Impact on 360, PS3 and PC as a downloadable title over 2009 and 2010.

1. Zarckan

Who?

2. Patrick Garratt

:D

3. Blerk

Wow, thought he’d be there until the very end!

4. Psychotext

5. Heinekeno

Worms Reloaded is my no.1 indie game. It includes great fun and even 7year old cousin has learned to play with me.

6. Johnny Cullen

This is making me want to play Worms XBLA now.

7. Suikoden Fan

there’s only one way to say goodbye

(in Squeky voice) GERONIMO!!!

8. Suikoden Fan

edit *Squeaky

9. JPickford

End of an era. Good luck Spadge!

10. botherer

If you listen carefully, you can hear the sound of Amiga Power crying.

11. Deacon

Old-school Alien Breed was the nuts!

And playing Worms on school computers during lesson-time. I got in the sh1t a lot for that.

12. Old MacDonald

Watching the Full Contact-intro. Nostalgia overload. Too bad the game was pants.