Call of Duty: Black Ops – First Strike shots show Map Pack’s environments

Friday, 28th January 2011 18:50 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

firststrikezombie

Activision has sent over screens from Call of Duty: Black Ops’ First Strike Map Pack, and it contains shots of areas Berlin, Stadium, Discovery, Kowloon and Ascension.

The game’s official website posted some of these earlier in the week, but now you have them here to view at your leisure without clicking anything.

There’s also another new video for it below.

First Strike releases on February 1 as an Xbox 360 timed exclusive for 1,200 MSP.

1. Moonwalker1982

I enjoy BO alot, that’s for sure but 1200 is still ridiculous. Sure its great that unlike with MW2, you now get 5 maps but 1200? sigh…

Kowloon is taken straight out of the campaign, how much time exactly must this have cost for the devs? Come on now. All my friends will no doubt get it, i think i will ‘follow suit’ i guess. I’m not 100% sure yet though.

2. DSB

*Doublepost, thanks login spam*

3. DSB

I was pretty amazed to log into Bad Company 2 earlier today and find that Vietnam has gone in exactly the right direction, where Black Ops went in entirely the wrong one.

Even the M14 in BC2:V is manageable, a weapon that will fly out of your hands in full auto in reality.

Sure, the spawning still sucks and there’s no prone, but it isn’t exactly dandy in Black Ops either. Impressed I am. With Black Ops, not.

And somehow I doubt that this will improve on Black Ops in the same way.

4. Moonwalker1982

Really? i feel the exact opposite, i bought Vietnam along with my friends and we never play it. Black Ops has really taken over for us.

5. DSB

@4 Well, I guess that’s a mutual validation of both games based on two differing tastes :P

6. DonnerKebab

IMO the overpricing is an opportunity missed. Bring the price down, look good in the process, and reach all the people sitting on the fence because it’s so expensive = more $ being spent.

Personally, as with MW2, I’ll wait for the price to come down to what it should be for a handful of pinhead sized, destruction 2.0less maps.

7. artdafoo

You mean stiff ass painted cardboard environments.