Mortal Kombat PS3 box art appears, complete with Kratos

Sunday, 23rd January 2011 15:59 GMT By Joe Anderson

kratosmk

The official box art for Mortal Kombat on PS3 has been revealed, Kratos included.

As you can see from the box, Sony has made sure people know Kratos is available, “Only on PlayStation,” with, ”Exclusive Content” clearly being marked across the top of the box, just in case you thought otherwise.

Chances are most gamers already know Kratos will be appearing in Mortal Kombat: it’s been mentioned a lot.

Mortal Kombat is released this April for PS3 and Xbox 360.

Thanks, Gamersmint.

mk11

1. CyberpunkCentral

Day one buy for me :)

2. LOLshock94

why didnt they say it mortal kombat was 3d

3. RoboJesus

Fatalities in 3D, so awesome. :o

4. theevilaires

So yea can we say if anyone buys this for xbox360 they’re a xbot if they also own a PS3 :D

5. Crysis

Maybe they want to play with their mates or don’t care for Kratos, stop being such one minded TEA =\

6. JacKBeaM

Or maybe they think how it suckz when everybody wants to play as Kratos online @ the PS3… mainstream char inc x_X

7. osric90

Let’s hope it doesn’t suck as every Mortal Kombat game from the last decade. I miss collecting my Mortal Kombat games (prev to Deadly Alliance ehs ach i tee).

8. monkeygourmet

What the hell are you on about? I hope sony are paying you well, the best reason to get this on PS3 over the 360 is obviously because the 360 pad sucks for fighting games (unless you have a decent fight stick). why would you want to play a gimped 3d vers of a fighting game which will almost certainly effect the frame rate to some degree… As for Kratos being in this, it’s hardly a deal breaker is it…!

9. Maxey

I’m almost sure the 360 version will have Marcus Fenix.

10. realmagicmike

My predictions for a 360 exclusive character: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XHtOdsTITE

11. monkeygourmet

Or:

12. realmagicmike

@11 :)

13. monkeygourmet

i like the idea of the Big Daddy, a Big Daddy Vs. Goro smack down would indeed be pretty epic! :)

14. kofoed

@4 Is it’s really that cool to play as Kratos? (no, it’s not really), one lame chars is not really a deal breaker for me.

15. monkeygourmet

Also, you could pull the Big Daddy helmet off as a Fatality and he could look like this underneath…:

He’s only a Child!!! :)

16. realmagicmike

@15 Thanks:) I put a lot of thought into that little list and Big Daddy was/is definitely one of my favorite choices. Him vs Goro would be epic!!! Oh, and that face made me lol!

17. realmagicmike

@15 Also, check out my SEGA vs Capcom feature and let me know what you think! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbbZfQTQ6oM

18. Michael O’Connor

@4 Or maybe the don’t care about Kratos? (me)

Or maybe most of the people they know play online on the 360? (me)

Or maybe they only own a 360 fight-stick? (me)

It’s like you go out of the way to prove your own ignorance and stupidity. Well done, you succeeded with flying colours. As always.

19. monkeygourmet

It’s funny because he always ends up looking like he enjoy’s taking it in the butt from Sony more than he hates the Xbox… Very strange indeed, must be a pain pleasure thing he has going on!

“Look at me, im defending Sony, they really care about me, and know who i am and reward me for my loyality…!!, their not like any other company, they understand me and aren’t just trying to take my money…!!” Holy shit! hahaha!