No Gears of War Triple Pack for the UK – statement

Wednesday, 19th January 2011 10:16 GMT By Patrick Garratt

gears2art

Microsoft has said in a statement that the Gears of War Triple Pack is a US-only offer.

Speaking to VG247 this morning, the company said the decision was “simply a matter of regional SKU availability and offering the best value per market,” and offered the following statement:

“The Gears of War Triple Pack is a US regional promotion. In the UK, Gears of War 2 – complete with the All Fronts game add-on content – has already joined Gears of War in the elite Classics range, where we offer our best games at great value prices.

“You can pick up Gears of War 2 Classic Edition for ERP £19.99, while Gears of War is currently available at the even lower ERP of £14.99.”

The Triple Pack will cost $29.99 in the US, and will bundle the first two Gears of War games and Gears 2′s Road to Ruin campaign.

It releases on February 15.

1. Blerk

Considering that you can pick up the previous games pre-owned for about a fiver each, no great loss. :-D

2. loki

very bad

3. Patrick Garratt

Updated.

4. AHA-Lambda

that is such crap

5. DiodeX

If it is like GoW1+2, it’ll be region free, therefore importable if you really, really want it!!

6. EscoBlades

Gears of Poor. I’m tempted to ask who cares? But i will get flamed to high heaven and back…so……

*yawn*

7. TheWulf

@7: I always preferred ‘Gears of Snore’. :p

As a PC gamer, I couldn’t care less about the franchise. One of them turned up on the PC and it was mind-numbingly dull. I’m just more of an RPG person I suppose.

Also: Does anyone else get the urge to maul anyone sporting a soul patch, or is that just me?

Of course, I suppose this news might imply that Gears of Snore isn’t selling as well in the UK/EUR as it is in other regions, which would be entirely awesome.

8. albo88

tell me some one that dont all ready have gears 1 and 2 come one
    even to day u will find like 300 seeders from Russia Hungary British that still seed it

9. Dr.Ghettoblaster

Not like they’re missing anything really..

Can’t believe they wouldn’t want a Gears 3 demo in this..