New Catherine trailer features monstrous baby

Tuesday, 11th January 2011 10:51 GMT By Debabrata Nath

catherine2

Catherine’s latest trailer it insanely awesome, but breastfeeding mothers may want to look away.

The footage focuses on what we think is the adult title’s story, and shows Vincient going through various states of consciousness.

The trailer starts off with some real couples being interviewed, and than moves on to the game, showing off some amazing stuff which includes a horrible giant baby chasing the protagonist.

It’s all in Japanese, but this is must-watch stuff.

The game, developed by the Persona team, features platforming, puzzling, talking to sheep, running around in your pants, drinking beer and climbing fantasy towers, apparently.

A demo’s been confirmed, and will likely hit before the game proper.

The surreal adventure features adult themes, including sex.

Watch the first gameplay trailer here.

Catherine releases on Feb 17 in Japan for PS3 and Xbox 360.

No foreign release plans have been outed yet.

1. mingtons ghost

I think this is going to be a massive import title

i might be making this up, but i think i read somewhere that this game would have English subtitles throughout

2. Blerk

Tempting to make a Japanese account just to have a bash at the demo.

3. sennasnit

box of frogs.
    Seems like they must be planning a US release otherwise why develop for the 360?

4. mingtons ghost

I’ve got Jap accounts on both my Xbox and PS3, the xbox demo will probably be gold members only for the first week.

I’ll let everyone know how completely nonsensical it is when the demos released :)

5. sennasnit

I’ll probably download it on my Jap PS3 account, if i can figure out where it is.

6. OlderGamer

An adult RPG? Really? Are you sure about that?

Only in JP.

Dragon Age is more adult. If you want an adult RPG play The Witcher. This isn’t adult.

This is JP manga meets quirky JP adventure game. It is adult, so long as the adult is somewhere between 20-25 years old. And male.

Sorry folks 100% not impressed.

7. Blerk

It’s not actually an RPG either, but we’ll let than one slip. :-)

8. Callum

Thats looks insane. Like properly mental. I have to play it just because I fear I have never played anything like it before!

9. freedoms_stain

getting fed up of the culturally intolerant rants from a certain user.

10. Hunam

It’s not an RPG in anyway shape or form. It’s a puzzle adventure game :)

Also citing Dragon Age and Witcher as proper mature games is hilarious. All those games do is have you banging anything that moves because you can. They are just male super stories, I mean the Witcher is a guy who is just good at everything and all the women want to fuck him on sight. That’s just childish.

Infact, they are exactly what you claim Catherine is, which it isn’t as it’s about a working man’s moral dilemma.

11. OlderGamer

I own The Witcher, excellent game.

And you folks are right, but I could have sworn I saw it labeled a RPG, which clearly it isn’t.

I said “But you know me, could be just me. So if it interests you, have a go(as many of you say). You might like it. It will deffently be different in a world of much the same.”

Freedom, what part of that makes me sound intolerant?

12. Kuwabara

The girl at 0:12, she has got to be the hottest jap girl I’ve ever seen!!!!!

13. Telepathic.Geometry

Heh, that’s proper legend. I’m looking forward to giving it a shot when I’m reunited with my PS3. :^D

14. NeoSquall

If it’s confirmed it will have english subs I might consider importing it right away.

15. Telepathic.Geometry

@Kuwabara: You need to get over here, girls like that are two a penny.

16. osric90

Hahaha, I like flap games… If I have money and it has english subs, I will import… If it comes out to America and Europe, hurrah!

17. Kuwabara

lol, i’ve already got a gf though.