Lionhead says Fable III patch is “coming soon”, lists a few fixes

Tuesday, 23rd November 2010 19:00 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

fable3

Lionhead has put out a list of issues it plans to fix with its upcoming patch for Fable III.

Fixes include issues with spawning, frame-rate chugging and general performance issues surrounding Orbs.

Here’s the list of planned fixes with more palnned:

• General gameplay progression and spawning issues
  • Sanctuary map and audio functionality
  • Isolated corrupted game saves
  • General performance surrounding Orbs, audio, frame rates and other features

A date for the patch was not provided, but a post over on the official site said it was “coming soon”.

Lionhead also plans to release a new voice over pack for some regions, “adding even more polish to the adventure”.

Fable III’s Understone Quest Pack DLC went live earlier today.

1. Suikoden Fan

i got this game for my birthday and refuse to play it until the save game issue is fixed, really annoying me that i cant play my own birthday present without worry

2. SilentNoise

“Bugs” like this are completely unacceptable. How does something this major as game save issues, performance, audio and more get past testing?… was ANY testing even done for that matter?

For the amount that gamers shell out for titles in a year, it’d be nice if studios took the time to develop and test PROPERLY instead of rushing titles out the door with a “we’ll fix it later” attitude.

3. Prof.Dr.Moertel

I´m playing it through the third time right now and I´ve never had any huge bugs (only my dog is acting a bit weird sometimes).
    @2 I aggree. I guess that Lionhead/Microsoft think that QA is unnecessary

4. NeoSquall

Seems like the Xbox 360 release of Fable III is Microsoft’s version of beta testing the game before releasing it on PC :)

/sarcasm

5. renegadegd

@ 2 & 3 I almost got a job testing Fable 3. The guy hiring told me he wanted me, but that the job kept getting delayed by Lionhead. i just gave up after a while.

6. RickyWicky

@2 It’s often times not the choice of the studio to rush things out, but of the publisher (Microsoft game studios, in this case) urging them to. This is probably the most important time of the year for gaming because it’s “holiday season” so the earlier they can get the games out, the more they can maximize profits and worry about technical issues later.

7. Zurtech

Damn, I was hoping Jasper would keep his gob shut.