GT5 launch imminent: CE unboxed, yet more in-game footage

Tuesday, 23rd November 2010 07:58 GMT By Patrick Garratt

gt512

It’s out tomorrow. Watch other people touching and playing it while you wait.

The PS Blog’s posted up a movie of GT5′s Collector’s Edition being unboxed. Watch it below.

For $100, North Americans will get the game, a diecast car, “five exclusive DLC cars,” an “Apex” car guide, a key-fob and a certificate to hang on their walls. Wowsers.

The European equivalent is the Signature Edition, which was shown off by GAME recently.

If looking at boxes doesn’t smoke your doobie, IGN’s posted up some direct-feed game footage from the retail build. There’s too much to embed there, quite frankly. Take a look.

1. Zana

It’s already out in France since last week.

2. onlineatron

My copy should be here in a couple of hours.

Now… if only I had a PS3 to play it on.

3. Fin

When’s the review embargo up?

4. Monk

I think in Wednesday.

5. Syrok

Yup, 8:01am CET tomorrow apparently. I expect 8s and 9s all around. :)

6. Psychotext

I think 9s and 10s. There will be some issues (well, there are some issues, we’ve seen them over the last week)… but the overwhelming amount of content, and rather sexy graphics (especially photo mode) will win out in the end.

7. Blerk

Yeah, 9s and 10s for sure. Unless EG decide to go for that ‘bottom of the Metacritic list’ thing again. :-D

8. G1GAHURTZ

Can’t imagine it would get many 8′s. I’d say 90% of the reviews will be 9′s and above.

9. Fin

There should be a page on VG247 with all the embargo times, that’d be fair handy!

10. Patrick Garratt

@9 – Noted.

11. Moonwalker1982

But is it true that only on a few cars you can use the cockpit view and for the rest of the cars you can’t?

12. Psychotext

Define “few”. There’s about 800 cars you get no cockpit on, and 200 cars you do.

13. Cort

Just got a call from The Wife. My GT5 Collector’s Edition + 320GB Slim PS3 bundle has arrived (only £275 from Play). The Slim will replace my launch 60GB unit which will be pensioned off to the bedroom.

14. Kuwabara

awesome!! can’t wait for my collectors edition :)

15. theevilaires

Will be playing this on my new 55″ 1080P 240HZ 3DHD Sony Bravia tomorrow :) Anyone want sexy 1080P wallpapers from photo mode just let me know ;)

Hey Cort! :D

16. Cort

Just got a call from The Wife. GT5 confiscated until Saturday.

Hey TEA! :)

Will be playing this on my new 55″ 1080P 240HZ 3DHD Sony Bravia tomorrow

Damn you!

17. theevilaires

That sucks Cort :( I was looking forward to racing you online during Thanksgiving Thursday. Oh well since your wife won’t let you play I’ll do the next best thing for you :D

I’ll video chat with you on one of my other PS3′s and you can watch me play GT5 on my new 55″ 1080P 240HZ 3DHD Sony Bravia :) hey maybe we can do a myth buster too by testing to see if you can see the 3D awesomeness from PlayStation eye in the chat room. That’s if you got a pair of 3D glasses?

18. Michael O’Connor

Someone just got whipped.