Fallout: New Vegas: Dead Money out on December 21

Wednesday, 17th November 2010 15:18 GMT By Johnny Cullen

falloutvegas2

Bethesda’s just annouced the first DLC for Fallout: New Vegas, Dead Money, will be available on Xbox Live from December 21.

The content will cost 800 MS points.

DLC story runs like this:

“As the victim of a raw deal you must work alongside three other captured wastelanders to recover the legendary treasure of the Sierra Madre Casino. In Dead Money, your life hangs in the balance as you face new terrain, foes, and choices. It is up to you how you play your cards in the quest to survive.”

Naturally, Bethesda’s Pete Hines is happy about the DLC

“We’re pleased to give fans a chance to expand their experience in Fallout: New Vegas this December with Dead Money,” said the company’s VP of PR.

“The release of Dead Money illustrates our commitment to creating entertaining add-on content for players to enjoy in already massive games like Fallout: New Vegas.”

Bethesda announced last month it would bring the first piece of DLC for the game exclusively to Xbox Live.

1. Blerk

Did the console versions get patched yet?

2. Erthazus

I want that.
    I will buy every piece of the DLC when it will come to PC :)

3. Dean

FFS, fix the bugs in the original first.

4. OrbitMonkey

I wonder how glitchy this will be? Can’t wait for it to come to the ps3 though :D

5. psybass

Erthazus@ so do i

6. Hunam

I think I’ll just wait for it to turn up on steam one day in a big sale and nab it all for a song.

7. Gekidami

@Blerk
    Nope. I hope it gets fixed soon though, its crashing like crazy for me.

8. themadjock

I had a bug that meant when I sided with NCR for the final missions I couldn’t take down a specific faction ergo couldn’t finish the storyline. 40+ hrs of fun but the story as with Fallout 3 sucked and it crashed 10+ times on PS3 for me. Needless to say it got traded in

9. Old MacDonald

Not interested in these kinds of mini-expansions. If I’ve completed an RPG, they really need to give me a substantial expansion and not just a single mission if they want me to come back to it.

10. OrbitMonkey

Tbh I’ll wait until the GOTY edition. If it follows FO3′s example, it’ll be cheaper & have fewer bugs than downloading the dlc separately.

11. YoungZer0

@9: Have you played the DLC’s of Fallout 3?

12. Erthazus

@11 all of them are crap. Especially alien one…

That was a joke and easter egg from Fallout 2 and they made a whole DLC from it… *facepalm*

13. YoungZer0

@12: Excuse me, is your name Old MacDonald?

14. OrbitMonkey

@12 Agreed, Mothership Zeta was a fucking grind, with no real reward. Storywise Point Lookout was the strongest offering, expanding the Fallout universe with a new area you actually want to explore. Desmond was a proper dude too :D