LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars finally gets a release date

Friday, 12th November 2010 15:49 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

legosw3theclonewars

Activision’s announced a date for LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars today, finally.

It will be released in the UK on February 18. US retailers will have it in-store on February 15.

New gameplay features include an improved level editor, new force powers, the ability to fight your friends head-to-head as either a Jedi or Separatist. You can also an army of Clone troopers in “RTS action LEGO style”.

You can also build spaceships and fly through 16 star systems, and also fight in “mega” boss battles.

Once released, it will be made available on DS, PS3, PSP, Wii and Xbox 360.

There’s also a dev dairy below, courtesy of Gamespot.

Thanks, Eurogamer.

1. Blerk

Hmm. I’d completely forgotten about this. Seems odd to release it in February, back when they first announced it I thought it’d be ready in time for this Christmas.

2. Stephany Nunneley

@1 yeah, it was originally slated for autumn 2010. I forgot about it myself.

3. Blerk

Would’ve made an ideal present for the kids too, damn it! Oh well, I haven’t picked up Lego Harry Potter yet.

4. Stephany Nunneley

@3 I heard that is rather awesome. A friend of mine got it for his child, and thought about taking it away from him for his own use. And he is a massive PC shooter fan ;)

5. Detale

LEGO Harry Potter was great, we (me and the missus) played it to death and the only annoying bit was the glitch that stopped us getting the platinum trophy (we’d collected all of a certain item, and the game registered this but wouldn’t unlock the trophy – not an uncommon problem according to some forums). Other than that, top notch stuff.

Oh, and we haven’t got any kids so I can’t even use the excuse that we bought it for them…

6. Stephany Nunneley

Added US date in there along with a developer video.