3D still to be decided for MGS: Rising, says Matsuyama

Monday, 1st November 2010 18:37 GMT By Johnny Cullen

mgs rising 2

Metal Gear Solid: Rising producer Shigenobu Matsuyama has told Game Informer that 3D is still to be decided for the action title.

A trailer of Rising was shown during Sony’s TGS press conference in 3D, although exact confirmation wasn’t given at the time. Now we know why: because there was nothing to confirm. Yet.

“3D is not officially confirmed yet,” said Matsuyama.

“What we showed at TGS was just a referential presentation. We have not officially confirmed if we will support motion control either, as it is very difficult to manage such precise accuracy of action and speed that MGS Rising’s controls will require.

“Both 3D and motion control features are worth considering, though.”

Matsuyama also hinted the next reveal for the game would be chock full of details regarding the story to Rising, although he didn’t state when that would be.

He did, however, drop one new nugget of info: the stealth system will be called “Hunting Stealth”.

MGS: Rising was properly shown for the first time at TGS, although there’s no date yet for the MGS2 sequel and MGS4 prequel.

It’ll release on PS3, 360 and PC.

1. Razor

Kinda dumb to show it at Sony’s presser in the 3D segment only to say it’s not decided yet.

2. manamana

In the distance are the releasedates with all the gimmicks and DLCs nowadays …

3. herom2010

guys i want to know only one thing is they will realse aversion for pc or not beacuse konami site is dont tell any ting and also the site of the game and aslo the site game informer

and aslo if they decied 3d will it be for the xbox 360 and pc is there was aversio for it or it will be for ps3 only

4. mathare92

They talked about the “Hunting Stealth” part in an interview with EG a while back.

“as it is very difficult to manage such precise accuracy of action and speed that MGS Rising’s controls will require.”

Surely Move can manage it.

5. manamana

@3 whoa dude! And I thought my grammar is bad … :-)

6. Erthazus

@3 and i thought my english/grammar sucks donkey balls

7. Callum

@5 and @6;
    Your English is absolutely atrocious. Some times I find your use of my native tounge actually quite offensive.

LOL! I joke, I has got like the worsetest spelling and grammars in teh world evars.

8. DoubleM

@3 Man, that was awesome.. If I answer you, will you promise to write again?

9. mathare92

@3 Now that I think about it, that could very well be the comment of the year!(sorry, Blerk) :P

“aslo” FTW :D

10. herom2010

11. Psychotext

…..
    …….

I think someone broke the bot.

12. GwynbleiddiuM

well the support for move is actually more important for me than the 3D.