TimeSplitters 4 concept art surfaces

Thursday, 7th October 2010 20:04 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

timesplitters4

Some concept art for TimeSplitters 4 has been released into the wild.

You can check it out over on Neil Roberts’ blog, where the artist has posted some concepts for different levels of the game.

The last bit of art we saw for the project was back in 2008 when Nick Carver released some on his blog.

Both artists worked for Free Radical before the firm went into administration two years ago before being purchased by Crytek in 2009.

The firm was also working on an MMO, which was rumored to be based on Timesplitters.

Currently, Free Radical a.k.a. Crytek UK  is working on the multiplayer portion of Crysis 2.

Go have a look at what might have been, and try not to sob.

1. M2Kx

Back then, I was really looking forward to TS4, but then it was cancelled :/ I’d love to see a remake of TS2 on XBLA, imo the best shooter on Xbox.

2. Robo_1

Odds on we’ll see the Timesplitters trilogy resurrected as one of the PS3′s HD remasters. As for Timesplitters 4, I’m similarly optimistic that we’ll see a new Timesplitters game this gen, all running on Cryengine 3.

3. LOLshock94

OMFG I HAVE JIZZED ALL OVER MY COMPUTER COZ I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR AGES JUST TO HEAR SOMETHING ABOUT TIMESPLITTERS 4 BUT I HOPE ITS JUST LIKE TH 2ND ONE AND NOT A FUCKING MMO PLEASE DONT RUIN TIMESPLITTERS BY MAKING AN MMO

4. freedoms_stain

Time Splitters, that was one of the few games I got for PS2 in its first year.

Also one of the reasons I never bothered with console FPS games until the 360 :p

5. AHA-Lambda

i wanna hear more about this game!! PLease tell me it’s not cancelled!! D:

wasnt there a rumour awhile ago crytek put forward a trademark or something for a xbla rerelease of TS2?

6. Gadzooks!

I really hope they get to make another timesplitters, always loved the sillyness a 4 player splitscreen session could descend into.

Anyone know who holds the IP?

7. AHA-Lambda