Origins trailer for Ghost of Sparta released, mentions Deimos skin

Thursday, 7th October 2010 21:24 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

deimos

Sony has released a new video for God of War: Ghost of Sparta, and it’ an origins trailer.

In it, you’ll get to see a glimpse of Kratos’ “endless nightmares that continues to haunt him”.

The trailer also mentions a nice nugget of purchasing information: specially marked boxes of the game include an exclusive downloadable voucher for a God of War III skin.

It’s of Kratos’ brother, Deimos, and it provides you with enhanced combat damage and “the ability to receive 4x the amount of Health, Magic and God Orbs”.

Ghost of Sparta Entertainment Packs will also include the downloadable Deimos Skin voucher, so will the Ultimate Pre-Order bundle through the PS Store.

Game’s out November 2 in the US and November 11 in the UK.

1. GamesPlayer1

game looks nice

2. Erthazus

3DS graphics seriously.

3. Gekidami

Debates over. Kratos’ brother is canon. :D

4. Bikki

Well the story looks better than any other GOW game. But a damn shame that this game is developed on psp.

5. YoungZer0

Fucking awesome. I really need to get a PSP.

When exactly does this happen? Before the first God of War?

6. lexph3re

Between Gow 1 and 2

7. lexph3re

Its always naughty dog or ready at dawn that’s pushing the limits of Sony’s titles. These guys leave every other studio without an excuse on why they can’t execute on Sony platforms. Its clearly not the hardware. Its the devs going for what’s quick. And easy. Money. I would love to see what a studio like epic could do on a ps3

8. AHA-Lambda

actually i’m impressed with this pre-order esque bonus and i cant say i say that very often :P

for the game itself tho i aint fussed; the trilogy is over and i have no more attaachments really and imo only the first GOW was legitimately good =/

EDIT: i take it back, after watching that trailer that is probably the closest this series has gotten to GOW1 in terms of story. I actually might play it now

9. YoungZer0

@7: You forgot Sony Santa Monica.

10. manamana

@2 really, whats wrong with you? You haven’t seen one 3DS game yet. And dont mention Kid Ikarus and Mario Kart. Plus: the launch games where never(!) as good as the titles at the end of an era of a console, graphics wise. So do us all a favor and stop bitching around about things you dont know yet and move on.

11. YoungZer0

@10 Don’t feed the troll.

12. spiderLAW

Son of a Bitch!!
    This shit should have been God of War 3!
    This looks really good!

I agree with AHA. GoW1 is the best in terms of story. This one looks to be just as good.

13. Mike W

Excellency!!!

14. Freek

How can Kratos have a brother who kicks MORE ass then him? Seriously? How is that possible?
    Kratos turned the anger and ass kicking knob to 11, and then broke it off. ;-)

15. 2plus2equals5

@10:a lot of 3ds games’ videos were released!
    “the launch games where never(!) as good as the titles at the end of an era of a console”
    Are you really serious or you are just trying to defend nintendo? Do you really want to tell me that late nes games are comparable to n64 early games or that late n64 games are comparable to early gamecube games? Wii and ds are the exception not the rule.
    Gow:gos’ graphics are really comparable to that of 3ds games and this is a shame.
    This doesn’t mean that 3ds can’t do a lot better, obviously.

3ds is more powerful than a psp, but in a different way, If 3ds’ specs are true these are the really important differences:

psp:
    +33 millions polygons
    -very low res textures and “plain” graphics(no effects)

3ds:
    +a lot better textures and a lot of effects(very important and powerful things)
    -15 millions polygons

16. Erthazus

@manamana, “really, whats wrong with you?”

Nothing is wrong. I can’t be impressed?

“You haven’t seen one 3DS game yet.”

Yeah, i just forgot that i watched 3DS lineup video and Nintendo’s E3. Aha, yup. Never watched.

Stop defending Nintendo. The only impressive game so far is Metal Gear Solid 3DS that looks better than GOW:Ghost of sparta. But thats about it for now and thats because of few effects like self-shadowing and e.t.c.

So it’s not truth that GOW:GOS looks amazing for the handheld?

@YoungZer0, Go fuck yourself. You still need to do your homework.

17. manamana

@15/16: who is defending nintendo? First of all I’m a gamer, so everything with blinking lights on it rocks.

@15: I think you missunderstand me, or I missed the point. A console has a lifecycle. At the beginning it has launchgames. They simply cannot look (graphicswise) as good, as those games which comes at the end of the same console. Got me? Its because in between the developer start to know the konsoles better and better. They build engines and tweak them to make the graphic look better and better. So at the end of a console lifecycle you will generally have the best looking games. Its a nobrainer.

So the PSP is obviously at the end of its lifecycle, which manifests in the beauty of Ghost Of Sparta. Thats it. The 3DS can’t be there day one. But maybe in half of its lifecycle, who knows. That the techspecs of the 3DS are poor as fuck, does not meen it can’t handle good graphics. Resident Evil already is not looking too shabby and it almost is a launchtitle…

@Erthazus: you say it yourself:”the only impressive game is metal gear on 3DS that looks better than GoS. Again: and its probably a launchtitle and not at the end of the 3DS lifecycle. So why, if not for your ego, you need to state that it has 3DS graphics, if not for bullshit comment? But seeing it this way, your comment was positive because the 3DS already(!) has good graphics. ;-)

FYI I’m keen to see what the PSP2 can come up with and I’m shure it will blow away the Techspecs of all handhelds. So will the price. I’ll buy it anyhow, since I love handheld gaming. So stop telling me I defend whatever company. You are the one who needs an Xbox to play Gears3.

18. 2plus2equals5

@manamana:
    Wait, you are right when you say that late games are better than early games, i think in this way too :), it’s the truth, but i think that a new console must be a lot better than a six years old console. ;)

I repeat, 3ds is better than psp(and a lot better than ds), but not as much as i(and others) expected(my fault?) ;), but i’m sure that we’ll see games even better than re games.

19. lexph3re

Ithink. A lot of people are wrong with psp vs 3ds. The psp definetly is under valued. By devs and they are putting more work into 3ds then psp. Majority of games on the psp where. Condensed into bullshit strategy games(although very good games) the only. Games. To attempt to push psps software were companies like ready at dawn, konami, and sometimes square. Games like forcedunleashed would have been way better then the consoles if that studio understood the psp. So far it looks like the 3ds is just emulating 64 games and cancelled psp titles. I think psp is the most untapped console on the market right now. And will die untapped. :-( as for the mgs:3ds its all trailers trailers look. Good on any console screen and even better on a smalled screen. I’m a huge MGS fan but this. Ports looking like a cash in like twin snakes.(liked twin snakes, but it was a bit much) also as of now 3ds games aren’t impressive their just trailers with minimal gameplay.

20. manamana

You are writing on an iOS keyboard, aren’t you? Lol

21. Hybridpsycho

I came, twice…when I watched the trailer.

I want a PSP :/

I NEED a PSP :/

22. Michael O’Connor

Not bad.

They kind of killed the whole “tragedy” aspect of Kratos’ story in the latter games for the sake of juvenile gore and cartoonish violence, which completely killed any real character he might have had.

It’s nice to him acting like more than just an angry hooligan for a change.

23. lexph3re

……. android….>.>

24. AHA-Lambda

@22 – agreed entirely

at least in the first game you could sympathise with kratos, i’ve almost forgotten those days >_>

25. themadjock

@22 – I wondered when you’d turn up and you are actually paying God of War a complement, kind of! I thought you hated God of War yet you seemed to have played them all.

26. Michael O’Connor

@25 I don’t hate God of War. I’ve never hated God of War.

I just think God of War 3 feels horribly outdated on the PS3. It’s violence is juvenile, it’s story is garbage, its graphics are fake and plastic looking, and the gameplay mechanics are horribly lacking.

I give credit to things where I feel it’s due. I just didn’t feel God of War 3 deserved it.

27. spiderLAW

Normaly your opinions are well thought out and a good read. but i disagree with the graphics statement.

How can you say God of War 3 graphics were terrible, fake and plastic looking but the other day you said Castlevania looked amazing? I cant understand that at all. Castlevania is the one with the glossy shine over everything. Im just trying to see where it is that GoW3 looks bad because i didnt see any parts.
    If Castlevania looks amazing then GoW3 is crazy-amazing.

28. Michael O’Connor

@27 None of the character look like real. The representation of women in the game is bad. It’s one of the most contrived and pathetic portrayal of sexuality I’ve ever seen in a game.

It turns Greek tragedy into tragic comedy.

Note that I never said they were terrible. I just think the art direction stank. I don’t care how many polygons a game can push if the art direction is poor.

In the case of Castlevania, I think the character designs have so much detail and thought put into them that it makes up any “plastic” look it might have, though honestly I don’t see it myself. The characters look far more human, and the designs far more elaborate.

Neither has a patch on Ninja Theory’s character design and animation though.