Ballmer excited over Kinect, calls it the “next generation” of Xbox 360

Tuesday, 5th October 2010 19:51 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

ballmer

Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer is so excited over Kinect, he’s declared the motion sensor to be the “next generation of the Xbox 360″.

Speaking at the London School of Economics, when asked what device coming from the company he was “most keen on”, Ballmer stated it was Kinect, obviously.

“The device that I’m most keen on … is the next generation of the Xbox 360,” he said before showing a video of the device.

“You control everything on your television screen, and content interaction with friends is happening in the cloud. It is a smart device… it gives us the ability to have a natural user interface. And you can participate in games with friends across the globe.”

We’re glad Ballmer is excited, too bad he nor anyone else will be able to play the thing wearing high-heels. Appropriate footwear or none at all is required.

So much for our new boots, then.

Ballmer also stated tablets will be running Windows 7 by Christmas, as Microsoft needs to cover “all form factors” (via eWeek).

Microsoft is also expected to hold a press conference for the launch of its Windows 7 phone in New York next week on October 11, which the firm expects to be a hit with XBL users.

Via TechRadar, D’toid.

1. spiderLAW

LOL i cant stand that picture!
    It makes me wanna punch him and say “Fuck you dude!”

It actually does bother me that much lol.

2. Stephany Nunneley

I could have posted the obligatory Ballmer tongue picture, but those are a dime a dozen these days :D.

Instead, I went for “sinister contemplation” ;)

3. AHA-Lambda

the hell is up with your shoes steph? O_o

4. spiderLAW

Either way, i wanna punch him. You are going to have to hold me back since it is your fault for making me feel this way :) :P
    Stupid Sinister Picture…all he needs is a Red Diamond shaped gem in the middle of his forehead, sharp teeth and black lipstick.

WTF is up with those boots? Is that your normal/casual wear?

5. Joe Anderson

He’s excited about Kinect? I’m guessing that’s the bonus he’ll get if its successful?

I really can’t see him prancing around to Dance Central.

6. _LarZen_

Have had Kinect for over a month now, if it is the “next generation” of Xbox360 then im done as a Xbox gamer.

7. spiderLAW

consider yourself BANNED from Xbox Live Sir!
    Im telling on you!!

Seriously though, its really that bad aye?

8. A4-F8

sorry if this is the next generation
    i think ill quit being gamer

9. _LarZen_

@7 No it’s realy fun actualy and it wil be a BIG hit. But it is a suppliment for X360. And I cant go in to details but I can never imagine it is anything for the typical core X360 gamer.

10. Retroid

Dear Mr Balmer

Go forth but please don’t multiply.

Yours most sincerely,

Mr Retroid, Retroid Towers, 8 Bit Avenue, Commodoreland

11. LOLshock94

fuck uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

12. Stephany Nunneley

@all The boots are a KISS joke.

All my shoes are your normal lady types. No weird Gene Simmons style apparel is in my closet. Not since I was 10 anyway, or 21 for that matter.

13. Erthazus

@Stephany, please… Use this pic NAU or next time:

Please! :D

14. JPickford

Good job he likes it. He’s gonna be stuck with a warehouse full of them.

15. Stephany Nunneley

@13 – :D I tried actually, I couldn’t get the sizing just right on it though. I will try harder next time. Maybe even throw a wizard’s hat on him.

16. Galactic_Barret

Saw those boots, and seriously thought “Dominatrix Weds, Mistress Nunneley”. Would make for an awesome sitcom.

17. Erthazus

@15 Damn, :(

How about this one then?

18. Psychotech

@15 that would be a much more attractive version of “sorcery” :)Ballmer FTW.

19. cookiejar

Kinectopers Kinectopers Kinectopers Kinectopers….