Killzone 3 video shows how the game handles with Move

Friday, 1st October 2010 17:10 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

killzone 3

Sony has posted a video for Killzone 3, showing Move functionality in action.

Guerrilla has refined the game controls for Killzone 3, so players will have plenty of choice when deciding which controllers to use in the game. Choice is always a good thing, anyway.

Check it all out in the video below, courtesy of the US PS Blog, featuring Steven Ter Heide from Guerrilla.

Killzone 3 launches on February 22 in the US. No Euro date yet, but the team is at the Eurogamer Expo this weekend, so maybe that bit will change. Fingers crossed.

1. Moonwalker1982

I just don’t see myself playing this with Move, i just don’t. A first person shooter like this is fast and you need to react fast, i don’t see that happening with Move.

Not even sure i’ll buy the gamr right away, since KZ2 simply didn’t ‘wow’ me at all. Graphics most of the time nice, sure…but the gameplay just didn’t do it for me.

2. Holesome

He says they had to filter the players by controller type and sites “an unfair advantage”. No shit! The granade throwing not using gestures? The inability to effectively apply intuitive controls to move for this genra is not a good sign making the use of Move to only an onscreen pointer for the gun. Move may be a cute alternative to playing with traditional controllers but it’s use in the FPS realm will be a short-lived fad.

Feeling pretty down on Move it seems, or more likely down on seeing Move applied ineffectively to certain games. Boy how this feels just like the Wii. :(

3. polygem

ahh cool….killzone for the wii…pfff…move…..kinect….my ass….

4. Dannybuoy

I’m up for it. So there

5. xino

i tried this game in 3d! UNIMPRESSED!
    So much jaggies, absolutely no Anti Analysing!
    The brightness becomes darker, but this is not a problem as you can adjust it in Options.

But seriously man, it wasn’t like Avatar 3D experiences:/

I forgot about the Move version though

6. spiderLAW

Hopefully those issues were there because it was just the alpha build. I would hate for those issues to still be present in the final build.

7. g00nerz

Personally, Metroid on Wii with the controller moving your POV and the nunchuk stick strafing felt awesome to me. Controls just felt natural after a while, looking forward to seeing this kind of control scheme on games like K3.

As for the 3D, I ain’t seen Killzone in 3D, but I’m unimpressed with 3D as a whole in cinemas so I can’t see me bothering with it at home (and spending ££££’s to get a 3D TV). Just a passing fad hopefully, like in the 80′s.

8. Thalius

i loved killzone2 the only downside for me as the online so fast just running around shooting at everything you see, very boring and frustrating after awhile. Hope they do something diferent with KZ3