Enslaved demo hits US PSN next week, 360 “soon”

Thursday, 16th September 2010 22:06 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

enslaved

Ninja Theory has announced the US will get a demo for Enslaved next week via PSN, after lucky Europeans got their hands on it yesterday.

It will arrive on September 21, as part of it’s exclusive PS3 window.

Xbox 360 users will get their chance “soon”.

Shortly after the game ships, there will also be DLC released starring Pigsy, the porcine character who helps Trip and Monkey in the main storyline. It will be made available as a side-quest.

More details on this premium DLC will be shared in the coming months.

Enslaved will land in stores October 5 in the US and October 8 in Europe.

Via Press Release.

1. RoarrrUK

I played it this evening on ps3.
    The first few minutes I was dismissing it, due to some poor early gfx but it really does pick up.
    It’s like uncharted 2 in terms of platforming and the story between the two main characters looks decent.

The graphics and the environment are pretty good too.

This wasn’t on my radar at all but it is now.

Launch DLC is poor show though.

2. Lord Gremlin

I’ve played the demo. It may look not as good as, say, Uncharted 2, but the action and presentation are really good.

3. Stephany Nunneley

Cool! I will be sure to DL it next week then.

4. onlineatron

I absolutely LOVED the demo.

It’s not something I will play multiple times (like the Mirror’s Edge demo) as it’s a very rigid, set path but it made me hungry to play the full game.

Really interested to see how the story plays out.

5. AHA-Lambda

wow umm personally i thought it was mediocre =/

6. night_tripper

I was interested and thinking about getting this game when i first heard about it but, after the demo im definately getting this day one.

7. night_tripper

@3 you can create a uk psn account and dl it now stephany

8. Stephany Nunneley

@7 I may have to do that since my original one was suspended lol.

9. Catkiller

Might have been great game, but the framerate is AWFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pitty..

10. night_tripper

@8 lol oops what did you do stephany being naughty huh lol

11. night_tripper

@9 the framerate was just fine for me i had no problems

12. tontsa91

It’s funny how much better Heavenly Sword looks and it came out like three years ago? This could have been awesome game as a PS3 exclusive. The graphics are technically very bad but the art style is great.

13. onlineatron

The framerate is pretty choppy, better than heavenly sword and not a deal-breaker, but definitely not great.

14. Stephany Nunneley

@10 No. An error while adding cash to my wallet kept popping up, yet PSN still managed to add $100 in there when I only wanted $25. Sony customer service said “Sorry, can’t help you even though it’s our fault. Dispute the charges with your bank, but know at the same time it will cause your account to be suspended.” So, that’s what happened.

I have not been on since. It may not be actually. I guess I could have checked. But, yeah. Still Enslaved demo. Gonna get.

15. cookiejar

Downloading this now, totally forgot to yesterday. Downloaded both FIFA and PES, though.

16. Hunam

Did you pull a DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM!?

17. Stephany Nunneley

@16 LOL!!!! Nope. I never do that. Ever. It would embarrass me, and never work. :D

18. Suikoden Fan

@17 not meaning to pry Stephany but did you buy stuff with your suspended acc? if so can you still at least re-download it? if not surely thats illegal

19. night_tripper

@17 lol :P hey it couldn’t hurt to try that was one freakish error you got

20. Hunam

How about putting it on expenses and sending it to pat. I’m sure he’d be fine with it.

21. troyx

i thought the demo was pretty fun and voice acting is better than 90% of what is out there

22. Dralen

I’m downloading now. I have basically no interest in this game at the moment, let’s see if this demo changes my mind.

23. No_PUDding

I hate hate hate Andy Serkis. English person, with terrible lip syncing putting on an American accent. Unable to do anything other than a caricature of human movement (in the cutscenes or little mo-capped moments) due to what I imagine he’d like to think of as a Shakespearian background, but in reality becuase he’s cast as King Kong or Golem, and moves like something other than a real person.

Lip syncing is bad in general. But the girl in the cutscene moves and sounds great actually.

And I don’t like the platforming either. It LOOKS much better than Uncharted, but doesn’t feel it. And sicne I hate the combat too (slows it down) there’s not much redeeming it.

BUT, despite not many real positive words, I’d like to rent this.

24. cookiejar

Just played it, and loved it. On my radar now. Now all Sony need to do is give them a ton of money and make Heavenly Sword 2.

25. DrDamn

Love the look, the ideas and the story. It could do without the glowy signs telling you where to go next. They objects seemed to be subtly coloured differently anyway and that really should have been enough. Combat was pretty satisfying too. Framerate felt slightly off, but the ship was also juddering and that confused things. Nicely dramatic with one particularly well done piece of drama.

There is a “but” though and that is the camera. It never stops pissing about the whole time. Stand still, press the jump button to jump up in the air and the camera shifts round a bit. Why? It’s constantly messing around and would annoy the he’ll out of me if the whole game is like that.

26. Neolucifer

I dunno it looks way too easy as usual … even the platforming seem done in a way you could never even fail .
    The fight ? the way the camera is used is cool and all , but they are far from being that intense , and a button mashing cheese fest so far .

This was and still is half the reason i (off topic bit) i’m so not looking forward to their version of dmc . I’m weary they’ll still heavily some tweaking version of their heavenly sword (and now enslaved) fighting engine .

But back to enslaved … it’s pretty and the story seems to have some potential , but i’m not fan of the mostly mechanical settings , nor their goku/monkey .

i’ll just borrow it for fun someday , and (off toic again) stick to not buying DMC .

27. onlineatron

Feeling bad-ass leaping from platform to platform effortlessly or stopping at a complete halt to inch close to a ledge and time a jump perfectly?

I know what I’d choose.

28. onlineatron

Did we ever get or questions for Ninja Theory answered?

29. Kuwabara

I played the demo and thought it was good, but i was only thrilled for maybe 10 seconds probably just past the half way mark as your going up the plane. It had a resemblance to uncharted 2, a reminiscent feeling, and for maybe a few moments graphically it looked near uncharted 2. But is it on the same level as uncharted 2, no way. the graphics overall are good, but not consistent throughout to make it outstanding overall. the platforming wasn’t as satisfying as uncharted, the animations and the speed of climbing need adjusting. For example when u want to jump right or face the right platform, he doesn’t move his head to the right or put his hands out showing where he will move to. Another thing the can improve on immensely is the immersion and environment feedback. like when ur up in the air, it looks good, but u dnt feel like ur there. i felt no force. theres no vibrations on the controller to go with the wind and the fact ur walking on top of a plane. The view level should have been adjusted to make it feel like your fighting or moving on top of a plane. thats why uncharted 2 was so good, they got the immersion part spot on. And i thought for a demo to show the game off, they could have added 1 or 2 more moves at least. the story seems good though, it draw me in. But ill be getting castlevania instead.

30. xino

Animation are good but control responsive is not 100% responsive, sort of delay especially when you jump but it takes time to get used to.

Oh god another trash platforming, though I actually like the platforming better than Uncharted 2 because things gets interactive and intense.

Nonetheless it’s a rental for me.
    They should have added More combat less platforming, but they added more platforming and less combat:/

31. Dralen

Just played it.

Things I liked:
    1. The story was pretty damn good, really made me want to find out what happens next.
    2. The cutscenes looked very nice and the graphics in game were ok.
    3. The combat was pretty awesome. I loved the way the camera moved and changed in certain situations.

Things I disliked:

1. As said above the control responsiveness is quite bad.
    2. The acrobatics around the environment doesn’t look very good. Looks kinda slow and clunky.
    3. The way it shows a path to where to go next. Although…without it I would not know where to go next.

All I can say is I hope the new DMC isn’t anything like this in terms of combat and movement. This game only works this way because it’s new. I am actually torn because the story, pacing, and the tense atmosphere make it my type of game but the control response is a bit of a put off for me. I’ll probably wait on the reviews and see what they say about the story before I decide to buy.

32. lizhiyong

input this url ( http://www.ashops.us) in google sirch .wonderful website.you will love it .thanks

33. lizhiyong

Wonderful.

Share a website with you ,

( http://www.ashops.us/ )

Believe you will love it.

We accept any form of payment

34. freedoms_stain

“soon” what the hell is “soon”?

VG247 still needs a better captcha I see…

35. QenTox

Hm… My main character few times disappeared, camera angles were in combat really bad and I was looking forward to this game. Quite disapponted :-(

36. orakaa

Tried the demo… but I am definitely not interested in this.

The game seems WAY too generic to me in its gameplay mechanics : combat is better than Heavenly Sword but looks quite common and less than average (no comparison to God of War, Bayonetta or others… feels boring) and the level design seems like PSOne era (you are in an empty room, fight the ennemies, go the next room, etc. it’s ONLY when you finally get outside that you’re reminded that you’re on a plane that’s gonna crash !).

Seriously, if their version of DMC can’t be any better than this and Heavenly Sword, I won’t buy it either…

37. Michael O’Connor

It’s sad that people look at a game like this and see nothing but averageness.

Spoilt lot.

38. frostquake

I LOVE THE DEMO….I had given it no chance, but with all the little emotional complexities in the facial movements, and the High Production value of the Opening Scene and Gameplay, I am going to Pre-Buy this game now…Yes you can’t Jump, unless it is context sensitive, but overall I was Surprised..I wasn’t going to get Vanquish nor Enslaved, but I was impressed by their demo’s…YEAH!!!