TGS: Capcom to announce four new games this week

Monday, 13th September 2010 11:22 GMT By Johnny Cullen

capcomlogoa

Capcom’s bringing the goods to Tokyo this week, confirming it will announce four new games at TGS.

Some new Marvel vs Capcom 3 character reveals have been promised as well.

This is what the publisher’s European arm said a while ago via a tweet:

“Tokyo Game Show this week. If i had to guess at the Capcom announcements I’d guess at 4 new games announced and some new MvsC3 characters.”

Does Resident Evil 6 sound plausible? Potentially a Ninja Theory-made Devil May Cry 5 will finally be announced as well? We’ll find out this week.

Tokyo Game Show takes place from September 16-19.

1. StolenGlory

New Viewtful Joe!

Ok then.

2. V_Ben

Well, theres the “hardcore kinect title”, DMC5, Next R.E., and… Strider? I can dream, can’t I :D

3. Blerk

Resi 6, DMC 5, er….. Okami 2 for hi-defs, and….. Haunting Ground 2. That’d be awesome.

Chances are we’ll get something crap instead of the latter two, though.

4. StolenGlory

Speaking of dreaming, what I wouldn’t give for a fully Move enabled Okami sequel for PS3.

*faints*

5. StolenGlory

@Blerk.

Good call on Haunting Ground 2. Glad I wasn’t the only person who bought/played/enjoyed it :)

6. Blerk

I don’t mind Move-enabled providing it’s not Move-specific. If it is then I’m vetoing it and asking for Breath of Fire 6 instead.

7. AHA-Lambda

resi 6
    dmc 5
    a resi spin off
    another fighting game

>_>

8. daytripper

wouldnt be surprised if there was a 30-60 second resi 6 trailer, no gameplay or devil may jizz 5. i’d like to see them try a new i.p

9. mington

They’ll probably all be for the 3DS and the iphone

I’ve lost count of the times i’ve been burned by capcoms announcements of announcements

Last time Capcom Europe tweeted ‘A BIG ANNOUNCEMENT COMING NEXT FRIDAY’ i hyped myself out of my little mind, and the announcement was…. the reveal of the DR2 box art

Capcom Europe are hyperbole fuck holes

10. 2plus2equals5

Probably 3ds titles.
    Someone remember resident evil psp?
    I always hope for a new chaos legion! XD
    But i’m not interested in capcom titles.

11. Gekidami

I’m pretty sure the RE PSP game is that 3DS one. They’ve probally switched platform.

12. AHA-Lambda

idk if resi 3ds is the old resi psp but yea the psp game has to be cancelled at this point we havent heard a single thing about it since its announce over a year ago O_o

13. DaMan

it’s probably some handheld games and something for Move or Kinect.

14. spiderLAW

If at least 1 of those 4 isnt RE6, DMC5, or Onimusha 5, i wont give a shit and Capcom will slip even lower on my list. Capcom just disapoints more and more every year

15. xino

Devil May Cry 5
    Resident Evil 6
    Strider Delux
    Megaman X Vital

16. xino

Mington you are right!
    Capcom has always been hyping up announcements and they turn out to be trash games for Wii or DS.

Thanks for pointing this out, I won’t be bothered to get my hopes up, I’ll just wait till I get home and see the trash news announced.
    If they are good games I listed then cool, if they are trash games as usual, well they can go fark themselves.

17. RETARDED VIKING

Resident Evil 6,7,8,9 perhaps? :)