Insomniac announces Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One

Tuesday, 17th August 2010 19:17 GMT By Joe Anderson

ratchet&clank

Insomniac Games has announced a new Ratchet & Clank title during Sony’s gamescom conference in Cologne.

Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One is a four-player co-op experience with huge battles and tons of cooperative gameplay.

You will be able to play as Dr.Nefarious and Captain Qwark alongside both Ratchet and Clank.  There will also be an online drop-in, drop-out feature, so you can play together side-by-side or online with up to three other friends.

Insomniac promise more exclusive Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One content soon.

Looks awesome.

1. threadzilla

Ill be buying this day one. love ratchet and clank and the addition of co-op is just what the series needed.

2. theevilaires

Sweet SONY keeps looking better and better for 2011.

3. Gekidami

So if Insomniac North Carolina is making this, and California is making R3. Which one is working on their EA multiplat?

4. Erthazus

@3 Someone said before that Insomniac started a new team.

Johnny Cullen if i’m not mistaken =\

5. 52pickup

Awesome sauce. seriously the output of games from Sony alone will make me bankrupt.

6. onlineatron

I absolutely love the pastel coloured aesthetic.

7. DJ Deathstar

Looks awesome, i think me buying a PS3 is gonna happen sooner or later lol

8. theevilaires

Yea that looks cool. Can’t deny that’s some good family and hardcore fun with buddies.

9. night_tripper

looks cool to me i like the 4 player co op

10. AHA-Lambda

nice looks good and looks different enough from the other games aswell (about time considerin this is the 10th game for god sake).

11. frostquake

Sadly I don’t have 3 other friends to play this with so, won’t be getting it..sigh…. Guess that is why my Viva Pinata Party collects dust :(

12. DrDamn

See I was all ready to say “More R&C? FFS!” but actually that looks pretty cool. I really ought to finish the ones I already have though :D.

13. Gadzooks!

I’ve always liked R&C but the series had started to get a bit samey. Not a problem for newcomers to the series as the quality of the recent ones has still been very high, but having played R&C from the first game I need the formula to have a big shakeup to keep it fresh. Hopefully the 4 player co-op will mix things up enough.

Shame its a whole year away though..

14. Bloobat

It said play online with anyone, I sure hope this doesn’t mean that they are excluding split-screen co-op….

Looks awesome though!

15. Aimless

@14 Going off the footage I see no reason the game wouldn’t allow four local players on a single screen; it wouldn’t need to actually split due to the viewpoint, so it’s not like it would even present performance concerns.