Ubisoft has detailed Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon for Wii and Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Predator for PSP, both of which are scheduled to ship in November 2010.
Ghost Recon Predator on PSP takes place in the jungles of Sri Lanka, where the Ghosts have 72 hours to prepare the way for a US invasion force. As open conflict with Pakistan looms, the Ghosts uncover proof that they’ve been targeting the wrong enemy. Now they must act before “falsified intelligence lures America into an unpredictable and devastating war”. You can get shots of it over on the US PS Blog.
Game features include:
- An exclusive tactical experience: Decide what tactics are best – use your massive firepower to eliminate powerful enemies or use the jungle to sneak behind enemies and strike using the element of surprise.
- Electronic warfare: Use high-tech equipment to hunt, such as drones, air support and prototype weapons. Gaining experience for your squad allows customization of your Ghosts, making them more powerful.
- Multiplayer co-op: Create a rifle team with two other friends (up to three players ad-hoc). Use flanking tactics with your teammate to outsmart the opposition.
In Ghost Recon Wii, soldiers Hibbard and Booth must operate as a two-man team after being inserted in Moscow and separated from the rest of their team. Both must reply on the intel of the local militia and fight their way to their target in a city infested with enemies. With the numbers clearly not in their favor, they will have to “use their advanced weaponry and training to make sure the odds are”. You can watch a video of it over on YouTube, courtesy of Revo Gamers.
Game features include:
- A true Ghost Recon experience: Progress through 12 missions of high intensity combat, tactical infiltration and WOW moments, from the villages of Norway to the streets of Moscow. No matter your skill level, Ghost Recon on Wii is designed to specifically accommodate a wide range of players, from casual players to hardcore gamers.
- Built from the ground co-op experience: Two players in third-person on one screen make the experience more natural, more intuitive and more social than ever. Co-Op Hot Join: Friends can hop in and out of co-op at-will, with the AI taking over as needed.
- Arcade Mode: Play in cooperative mode and compare your score online on the world leader boards.
This means you’ll get your hands on some Ghost Recon: Future Solider before it hits elsewhere, because as you know, it’ been delayed into 2011 on PC, PS3, and Xbox 360.
It’s expected to hit retail sometime between January 1 and March 31.
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.