UK charts: Crackdown 2 still numero uno

Monday, 19th July 2010 10:28 GMT By Johnny Cullen

crackdown2pavement

Crackdown 2 is still beating off the competition at the top of the Agency tower, taking a second week at number one of the UK charts.

Ubisoft’s Dance on Broadway is at second, up two from four last week, while Lego: Harry Potter is third.

Red Dead Redemption and Toy Story 3 round off the top five.

Just so you know: Alan Wake’s made a massive gain, coming back into the top 20 at 11, with sales shooting up by 98 percent. Guess it really does have a “growing interest.”

Full top ten is below. Last week’s data is here.

1. Crackdown 2 (Ruffian Games, Microsoft Games Studios)
  2. Dance on Broadway (Ubisoft, Ubisoft)
  3. Lego: Harry Potter (Traveler’s Tales, Warner Bros. Interactive)
  4. Red Dead Redemption (Rockstar San Diego, Rockstar)
  5. Toy Story 3 (Disney Interactive Studio, Disney)
  6. 2010 FIFA World Cup: South Africa (EA Sports, EA)
  7. Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Nintendo, Nintendo)
  8. Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11 (EA Sports, EA)
  9. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (Infinity Ward, Activision)
  10. Just Dance (Ubisoft, Ubisoft)

1. RETARDED VIKING

JEEZ people are still buying mw2 ugh….and wtf is no.2 sounds fun!!!!

2. BraveArse

It’s been a bit of a schizophrenic experience playing CrackDown 2 imo. I’ve been bitterly disappointed by it but still felt utterly compelled to complete it, cackling like a loon most of the way.

The mission structure is just not a patch on the original and there inclusion of the helicopter is a complete cop-out imo. But still, it’s CrackDown, with all the big explosions and massive leaps that come with that.

I reckon I’d have been happier if it had been a expansion pack, as that’s what it feels like to me. I guess in a way it’s great that it’s selling well as maybe they’ll be able to make a proper sequel next time.

3. Patrick Garratt

Good news there for Wake.

4. Blerk

Not so good news if they were hoping to make any money off it, it certainly didn’t take it long to get into the sub-£20 bracket.

5. cookiejar

Number 5 on that list, is frankly amazing :D

Picked it up on PS3 over the weekend and haven’t put it down. Great little game.

6. DaMan

but.. but.. what the hell are they thinking?! it’s got a metacritic rating of 71! /s

7. revolting

I can’t speak for the masses, but personally I’m thinking “Fun>Critics”, even though it’s not quite as much fun as I would have hoped for.

8. DaMan

yeah, that was my point.