ModNation Racers patch adds “casual” difficulty

Tuesday, 13th July 2010 09:31 GMT By Johnny Cullen

MODNATIONRACERS

Sony’s announced it will add a casual difficulty to ModNation Racers via an upcoming patch.

The inclusion means there will be “less aggressive computer-controlled drivers”, according to Sony.

SCEA wouldn’t go into further details other than it would contain “a lot of the improvements you’ve asked for.”

No date on the update was mentioned for the United Front Games racer.

And that’s that.

ModNation Racers released back in May for PS3 and PSP.

Thanks, US PS Blog.

1. JimFear666

Cant wait to finally finish the game :p

2. JPickford

Have they fixed the loading times?

3. Blerk

Is that for both versions or just the PS3?

4. dirigiblebill

Really can’t understand why this sold/scored like it did. Anybody want to explain? The character/course creation options are fun, but the actual racing is a big old barrel of poo.

5. sennasnit

@dirigiblebill
    Do you own the game?
    If you don’t own it you couldn’t have learned how to drift, therefore your kart control would have been limited. a lot of wall banging i suspect.

80 hours and counting for me on MNR.
    Yeah the AI can be brutal, but the sense of satisfaction you get from success is great.
    I’m 36 and I grew up with games that you could not finish eg. Jet Set Willy.
    Too much “hand-holding” these days.
    elderly man rant over

6. dirigiblebill

@ sennasnit

Yeah, I previewed it. Just didn’t seem massively special. ‘Big old barrel of poo’ is perhaps exaggerating things somewhat though ;)

I’d probably have gone with a 7 or an 8…

7. Crysis

never played it, handle anything like crash team racing? my fav cart racer :) i don’t like Mario, idk why, i feel Nintendo have just grabbed his man tits & milked him to death, or maybe it’s because i grew up 1st with a sega then went to ps1->ps2->GBA->psp->360->ds->ps3(current), honestly i only enjoyed the pokemon games on the handhelds, though i feel VERY immature when playing it, but i grew up with pokemon :P

8. OlderGamer

IMO, one of the best PS3 games to date.

The “casual patch” is a welcome bit in my books. But really playing online is where the heart of this is at.

9. MushroomStamp

I bought it and returned it 2 days later. While I found the racing to be generic and all cars/character race identical, the load times flat out killed this game for me. Lastly I felt the rubber band AI to f’n horrible, it seemed more about the luck of the draw to win than any kind of racing skill.

The big draw seems to be the customizing, but I can care less if I look the same for 1000 races. Customizing is purely cosmetic and thereby loses a lot of interest for me to get more “stuff”.

10. Boris Fett

As a huge cynic of this game before its release, I can say that it’s an amazing game with great controls and inventive mechanics. Not to mention the customisation options – there’s literally nothing you *can’t* create if you have the imagination for it.

11. Kuwabara

fix the loading for fucks sake. Otherwise the most fun ive had with a game this yr