KZ3 controls similar to “standard run-and-gun,” says Guerrilla

Monday, 12th July 2010 16:46 GMT By Johnny Cullen

killzone3

Guerrilla boss Herman Hulst has said in the latest issue of OPM that Killzone 3′s controls will be “closer to standard run-and-gun responsiveness.”

“I’m confident that when Killzone 3 comes out, we’re going to have a set of controls that will really appreciate the vast majority of audiences,” he told the mag.

The controls from Killzone 2 were heavily criticised for feeling too heavy. Hulst insisted the issue has now “gone”.

“The heavy sensation of KZ2 is absolutely gone,” he said. “Instead, this feels much closer to standard run-and-gun responsiveness.”

As well as the standard DualShock controller, the shooter is also compatible with Move, as confirmed by Hulst last month at E3.

Killzone 3 releases next February for PlayStation 3.

Thanks, GOONL!NE.

1. The_Skul

All right sounds good!!

2. DrDamn

Fully configurable buttons too please!

3. onlineatron

Alt 2 is the control set up KZ3 should use as standard.

4. Tonka

YAY! Conformation! Just what the highly original “space shooter” genre needs!

5. Bloodyghost

So in other words the game is not sluggish like it was in KZ2 but more fluid? If, I am in.

6. LePlatypus

*waits for Erthazus’ Killzone 3 propaganda*

7. Quiiick

Loved the “slowness” of KZ2 controls.
    Does every ego-shooter on the market really must have the same control-feeling?

And yes, @ onlineatron, “Alternative 2″ button-layout of KZ2 should be the default for KZ3.

8. Coheno

Thank you! Now I will actually consider buying it…

9. The1stMJC

And now I am officially worried about KZ3. Great all we need is for them to try and be Call of Duty. There was nothing wrong with the controls, but they want to get the Call of Duty fans despite the Call of Duty fans only wanting Call of Duty.

10. Aimless

I’d say there was something wrong with the aiming. I completed the game on the hardest difficulty and but about 40 hours into the multiplayer and it still didn’t feel right; it wasn’t about getting used to the controls, it was a case of learning to put up with them.

You can have weighty controls that are still responsive. BFBC2 has a good heft to it, for instance.

And yes, I appreciate the irony of my commenting on aiming controls.

11. Xanthene

I like the controls for KZ2, thought they felt more precise. My only complaint is crouch. Every default setting didn’t feel right with crouch. Hopefully 3 will be able to map whatever you want.

12. Redh3lix

Killzone 2 separated the men from the boys in my opinion. It was berated by the COD scrubs, mostly by the type who think they’re god’s gift to e-sport because they’re under the assumption they’re gods within a talentless, ultimately boring game called COD. I’ll still be buying Killzone 3 of course and I’ll certainly enjoy teabaggin’ the influx of COD scrubs who will subsequently dismiss the game as “shit” simply because… they’re shit at the game. LOL, cant wait.

13. Wonko

Looks at picture…

Screaming Mantis, is that you?