Testing for Star Wars: The Old Republic is underway

Friday, 9th July 2010 17:56 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

swtor

BioWare has announced testing for Star Wars: The Old Republic is underway.

Color us excited, tickled pink, and crying in fangirlism.

Those selected to test gain access to the game so the developers can being begin the process of balancing and tweaking the content.

Testing is an ongoing process being rolled out in several phases, starting with smaller, more focused tests with community members from North America, and later expanding to other territories.

Users selected for the test program will be notified via email with more information on accessing the Game Testing Portal. If you’ve not been chosen yet, you may be selected in the next wave, so sign up here if you haven’t already.

If you’re already a member, go to the Game Testing Portal to begin the sign up process, and good luck to all you future Sith Lord and Jedi Masters.

SWTOR is expected sometime during spring 2011.

1. blackdreamhunk

yep i can’t wait as well :) I have my mmo’s pick out dc online,guild wars 2 and knights of the old republic.

these days I am buying less single player games, must of them are console junk any way.

2. Hunam

/check email inbox

Booo!

3. MushroomStamp

after the gameplay video they released early this week, my interest went from a Day 1 to never. Graphics are bad and the combat does NOT feel very star wars. The lightsaber wasn’t a lightsaber, it was just a green sword. Really dissapointed.

4. Hunam

I’m going to play as a Sith Assassin anyway, so lightsabers can suck all they want.

5. Stephany Nunneley

@3 Ummm yeah, we posted that too ya know ;)

You even commented on the post! :D

6. Stephany Nunneley

@4 Same here!!!!!!!!!!

7. MushroomStamp

Steph, yes I am aware.. I just posted that link in case people didn’t see the video. I couldn’t find the post here on VG247 even though I knew it was here.

8. Stephany Nunneley

@7 no, you just forgot. That’s ok, and I forgive you. We can still be friends :)

9. Dralen

This is my all or back to WoW MMO. It’s looking pretty good from everything I’ve seen so far. I just can’t wait to be a Sith and slaughter some Jedi :P.

10. Droid

Grrr got an email from them but it’s just saying about the mp video. How disappointing. I’m sure they will get US beta testers first anyway so I’m fresh outta luck. :( Now lets just hope that the alpha/beta testers actually submit bug reports instead of just testing end game content to destruction.