PS Move software line up revealed, packshots released

Wednesday, 16th June 2010 13:35 GMT By Joe Anderson

move5

SCEA has released the software line up for PlayStation Move, along with the first packshots of the device and the charge station.

There are some pretty big name titles in the lists such as LittleBigPlanet 2, which was dated in the list for November, Killzone 3 and Singstar Dance from Sony,  just to name a few. Third-party developers, meanwhile, are bringing  out support for games such as Tiger Woods, Resident Evil and Time Crisis.

Here is the full list.

First Party PlayStation Move Titles:

• Beat Sketcher (Fall 2010)
  • SOCOM 4: U.S. Navy SEALs (Fall 2010)
  • EyePet (Sept. 2010)
  • Kung Fu Rider (Sept. 2010)
  • Sports Champions (Sept. 2010)
  • Start The Party! (Sept. 2010)
  • echochrome ii (Sept. 2010)
  • Tumble (Sept. 2010)
  • Hustle Kings (Oct. 2010)
  • The Fight: Lights Out (Oct. 2010)
  • The Shoot (Oct. 2010)
  • TV Superstars (Oct. 2010)
  • High Velocity Bowling (Oct. 2010)
  • PAIN (Oct. 2010)
  • Heavy Rain (Oct. 2010)
  • SingStar Dance (Nov. 2010)
  • Little Big Planet 2 (Nov. 2010)
  • Sly Collection (Nov. 2010)
  • Heroes On The Move (Working Title) (2011)
  • Killzone 3 (2011)
  • Sorcery (2011)

Publishing Partners PlayStation Move Titles:

• John Daly’s ProStroke Golf (OG International) (Fall 2010)
  • Racquet Sports (Ubisoft) (Fall 2010)
  • The Lord of the Rings: Aragorn’s Quest (WB Games Inc.) (Sept. 2010)
  • Brunswick Pro Bowling (Crave) (Sept. 2010)
  • Resident EviL 5 Gold Edition (Capcom) (Sept. 2010)
  • RUSE (Ubisoft) (Sept. 2010)
  • Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2010 (Electronic Arts) (Sept. 2010)
  • Time Crisis: Razing Storm (Bandai Namco) (Sept. 2010)
  • Toy Story 3 (Disney) (Sept. 2010)
  • Kung Fu Live (Virtual Air Guitar Company) (Oct. 2010)
  • NBA 2K11 (2K Sports) (Oct. 2010)
  • Deadliest Catch: Sea of Chaos (Crave) (Nov. 2010)
  • Disney Tron Evolution the Video Game (Disney) (Nov. 2010)

1. onlineatron

Starter disk?

Where’s Sports Champions?

2. 52pickup

So essentially they have more software for their motion controller than MS?

I thought MS said 80% of game developers were working on titles for Kinect seems to me,the majority of the games came from MS studios themselves.

3. onlineatron

I’m interested in this… But I won’t buy it unless they bundle the sub controller.

4. Joe Anderson

@3 I think they are.

5. Petulant Radish

They will bundle them together, but at a similar price as separately I would have thought, otherwise they’re undercutting their own product.

6. onlineatron

It didn’t seem that way at the conference.

They outlined a singular controller, a camera controller and game bundle and then the console bundle.

I don’t recall seeing the sub controller in any pack-in; just on it’s own.

I’d also like to see a pack-in for two move controllers.

7. frostquake

Just wished the Move controller had a Sku with the Sub controller as I already have the camera, because I bought Eye of Judgment.
    I loved High Velocity Bowling because of all the weird lanes but the controller sucked, so Move should make it a 1000 times better, also would be nice to get HVB 2, and not just a patch to make it work with the old game, which I suspect is what they are doing with it along with all the old titles you are listing here??

8. onlineatron

Is that a charger dock or just a holder?

9. frostquake

@8 a charger dock.

10. theevilaires

This shit is sweet OMG I want it now. Lets make a rule right now…No matter how much SONY system launches are lets not ever underestimate this company as a major force in the game industry ever again.

11. spiderLAW

Wait….Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition? So you have to have the Gold Edition for it to be compatible with Move?

12. Nico23

maybe u do hve to buy the nav con seperatly

13. onlineatron

Amazon prices

Stand alone ‘£38.88′: http://tinyurl.com/2wxtvxm

Camera, Wand, Demo bundle ‘£59.99′: http://tinyurl.com/33z3owy

Sub-Controller ‘£28.99′: http://tinyurl.com/394qbfg

Looks like people in the UK don’t get Sports Champions packed in :(

14. Psychotext

Bollocks, the four wands alone would knock me back over £150.

Fuck that, waiting for the price to drop.

15. theevilaires

I’ll get two MOVE bundles and 1 Natal set.

16. Robo_1

Two wands and a sub controller for me. May get the dock depending on the price.

17. get2sammyb

Ordered mine just now from Play.com. Wish I didn’t have to wait until September. Would take Sorcery home with me right now.

Just ordered the Starter Kit for now — waiting until the prices settle down before I add a Wand and Navi to that.

Will probably get the dock down the line. Want the zapper too. FUCK, Sony’s got my £££ big time here.

I’m just disappointed there was no Grand Slam Tennis announcement.

18. Gadzooks!

Far far too expensive, as is Kinect.

I’ll pay £50 absolute maximum for an eyetoy/wand/sub combo and no more than £40 for wand/sub pack, probably about £70-80 for Kinect as it serves 4 people.

“SONY is bringing it and giant has awoken. What more can you ask for at this. Every gamer should be happy this year by what we have coming this holiday season.”

You sound like a fucking advert. Seriously man, I’m embarrased for you.

19. theevilaires

:D http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denial :P

and he shoots for the three….SCORES! He’s on fire!

20. DrDamn

@Gadzooks!
    Did you really expect it to be less? It’s comparable to a Wiimote prices. There will be deals and more to be had with games and lower than RRP which will make it more palatable.

21. Gadzooks!

@DrDamn

Yes, I expect it to be less. Its far too expensive. For 2 players that’s nearly £160.

That is a bad joke and one I will not contribute to.

22. Gadzooks!

@TEA

Suck it fangirl.

23. theevilaires

Gadzooks! said: @TEA

“Suck it fangirl”.

…..and we have ourselves the mind owned E3 loser this year boys! :D

Fresh fish!, Fresh fish!, Fresh fish! :D

Damn I love E3 week!!!!

24. Gadzooks!

@TEA

I see you’ve made a random collection of unrelated words right there. Well done!

25. DrDamn

@Gadzooks!
    Price up 2xWiimote + 2xnunchuck + 2xWMP. Factor in that the Wiimote needs (and eats) batteries like a bastard. Realistically you need camera + 2 controllers + navi for the vast majority of stuff.

Though a couple of these would be cool too … http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/16/playstation-move-shooting-attachment-in-pictures-the-ray-gun-yo/

Besides there will be friends popping round with their controllers surely? ;)

26. Gadzooks!

“Price up 2xWiimote + 2xnunchuck + 2xWMP”

Why? I dont own a Wii.

“Besides there will be friends popping round with their controllers surely? ;)”

They will need to bring ALL the controllers and an eyetoy cos I sure as hell aint buying one until I see some sensible pricing.

27. Erthazus

@DrDam, stop telling him. He will buy Kinect even for 200$ no matter what. He is a 360 fanboy.

PS Move have a reasonable price with PS Eye camera, but until the right software i’m not buying it for sure.

Sorcery? Cool. But thats not much.

By the way, if you are buying PS Eye you can use PS Eye with the same shit like with Kinect. 4 players, + there are even software for it.

28. Psychotext

That last bit doesn’t really apply for families DrDamn.

Going by Amazon, you’d pay this for the Nintendo stuff (which is a rip off already):

2 x Wii Remote (Inc Motion Plus) : £75
    1 x Wii Nunchuck : £13
    4 x Rechargeable AA battery : £5
    Total: £93

Which would be all you’d ever potentially need for 2 player play. You’d already have one nunchuck from the console, and in theory you could save by buying just the Motion Plus addon for one of the controllers you have… but we’ll ignore that.

Assuming you wanted to do the same for the PS3 you’d be looking at the best possible bundle of…

1 x Bundle: £60 (1x Wand + Camera)
    1 x PS3 Wand: £39
    1 x PS3 Nunchuck: £29
    Total: £128

That’s assuming you use the DS3 from your PS3 instead of one nunchuck, and it also doesn’t give you access to the games which require four wands for two players. (That’s going to cost you another £78 on top)

29. Gadzooks!

Nope, not buying Kinect as there are no worthwhile games yet.

When they both come down in price AND there are decent games then I’ll get them, not before.

30. mojo

one camera, move, sub for me for the start. friend will surely get the same, so were ready for coop stuff.
    Later we both will get a second move set, which should cover almost certainly every game.

31. G1GAHURTZ

I might just end up getting everything…

I hope Kinect lets you name your 360, so you don’t just have to keep calling it xbox.

I might call mine HAL.

32. Gekidami

HAL? :P

33. The Hindle

:D Id call mine Barry how do you do that Gek? linking a link to your comment.

34. G1GAHURTZ

LOL!!!

35. Gekidami

36. DrDamn

@PT
    That wasn’t meant to be for families. It really depends on what families want to play and what that game requires.

Re the wii comparison, the Amazon wii prices are heavily discounted from the RRP, which they haven’t always been and which will eventually apply to the Move stuff.

37. Psychotext

I’d wager most families will be wanting to play at least two player games without having to have people bring controllers over. :D

As for the Amazon prices, if I use RRP it comes to:

1 x Remote + Motionplus + Nunchuck: £60
    1 x Remote + Motionplus : £50

So that’s £115 with the batteries. Still about £15 cheaper than the RRP of the Move stuff… and again, many of the games for Move will want you to use two wands per player as the “navigation controller” doesn’t have any form of motion detection, which would mean that the comparison isn’t entirely fair to Nintendo.

That’s of course aside from the fact that the Nintendo stuff is already a ripoff. :)

38. DrDamn

Where is the back-up to many of the games will want two wands? I’d say many will work quite happily with a wand each. What are these families all charging their batteries with btw? ;)

39. Psychotext

These two for a start:

Fighting game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zERFT2RXsk0
    Sports: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvwswlX2uAk

As for the batteries comment. Most people don’t already own battery chargers? But sure, instead of eneloops for £5 you can get a 4 pack of random crap with a charger for ~£5 instead if it makes you happier.

40. DrDamn

That’s not ‘many’ though is it? The archery part would work just fine with pass the controllers and presumably the two fighting examples support split screen to require 4 wands? (nb: I would expect them to, I’ve just not seen it)

This is all moot though as I said pricing was comparable, and it is. Not the same, not cheaper, comparable. It’s different tech.

41. xino

i can’t believe we have to buy the charging station as well.
    WTF man!

Sony turning into greedy Microsoft???

42. Gadzooks!

DrDamn,

Not all of us drive around in platinum plated Bentleys mate.

Move is too expensive, regardless of whether a competitiors product is too expensive or not, or how vehemently you can nitpick an argument.

43. DrDamn

I agree it’s expensive, I’ve said it’s comparable to the wii and I’ve been on here before saying that the cost of a full wiimote controller is expensive. The point is that it is priced in the same region and that people will stomach it – i.e. it’s not *too* expensive. Anyone who expected it to be anything cheaper is deluded. All three of the big manufacturers price gouge on the accessories. There will even be an element in there of being priced a little higher than Wii stuff to try and emphasise the belief that it is a better product.

My point really is that looking at the RRP and pricing up what a family of four will need and screaming about how they won’t pay it is not looking at how these things happen in reality. People with the platinum plated Bentleys may well rush in and get *everything* but normal people will start off with a wand and camera, maybe a navi. Over time they will build up the rest they need, birthdays, Christmas etc. Over time bigger and better deals will appear, packed in navis with games that need it, full starter bundles, bundles with the PS3 etc. The cost will still be there, but it will be softened and less noticeable.