PSN: Over 50 million users signed-up since 2006

Tuesday, 15th June 2010 23:01 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

psnlogo2

Sony has announced that within three years and eight months, PSN has garnered over 50 million user accounts on PSN.

Since it’s launch in 2006, the cumulative number of registered accounts are part of services rendered to customers in 58 countries and regions worldwide.

The registered accounts on PSN reached 10 million in one year and 8 months from the service launch, 20 million in two years and three months, and exceeded 50 million through June 14, 2010.

Want more stats? well, here ya go.

• More than 960 titles incorporated with online features have been released for the PS3 worldwide
  • PlayStation Store offers more than 70,000 pieces of digital content
  • Video Delivery Service has now expanded to 8 countries
  • Digital Comic service can be accessed in 7 countries worldwide including Japan, the United States and Europe with more than
  • More than 1 billion pieces of content have been downloaded through PSN – ONE BILLION.
  • Since launching 1 year and 7 months ago, the number of users accessing Home has exceeded 14 million
  • PlayStation Home offers its users more than 300 spaces to experience, and over 11,000 virtual items to collect.
  • As of end March 2010.

Sony’s E3 press conference was this evening, and you can get caught up on all the happenings here.

1. Shade 2k10

Isn’t it true, that you can only have one PSN account per Playstation 3?

2. Gekidami

3. daytripper

no but you cant use the same e-mail address or credit card. my brother uses his own account on my ps3.

4. Shade 2k10

@2 & 3

Okay. It seems i have misunderstood something then, my bad :)

5. Blerk

The figure means pretty much nothing, though. I have three PSN accounts, only one of which I use. And no PS3. :-)

6. FadeLive

Isn’t there like 25 – 35 million sold PS3 consoles or something. They probably register every inactive account, every multi account etc. I have like 2 myself and most people I know ususally have 2 or 3 etc. One European, one japanese and one American. Not to mention the people that create new accounts to change their nickname since PSN doesn’t allow to change nick on accounts.

7. Psychotext

It’s every account (for instance, I have 4, my missus has 2)… but don’t forget the PSP and website accounts too.

8. theevilaires

So that’s why you haven’t signed on in awhile. Busy on other accounts eh. Been 3 months since you been active on my list.

9. Psychotext

No, just no time. The only thing I’ve played in three or four months is a little bit of Batman on the 360. I’m only really on here for E3 and then back to the grindstone in a big way again.

=/

10. theevilaires

Well it sucks you don’t have time to post here anymore. We miss you dude!

11. Gadzooks!

Pointless stats. I dont know any PS3 with less than 3 accounts.

If you live in Euroland you need them for the demos that get released on the JP and US stores because the EU PSN store is completely fucking useless.

12. Amored

@3 Yes, you can use the same credit card.