Crackdown 2 demo dated

Monday, 14th June 2010 21:44 GMT By Joe Anderson

crackdown2logo

Microsoft has announced that a playable demo of Crackdown 2 will be released globally on Xbox Live on June 21.

For those without a calendar, that’s next Monday.

No details of the content of the demo has been revealed, but the demo for the first game provided us with a huge chunk of Pacific City to explore, so hopefully we will get more of the same.

The new game includes four player co-op and loads more surprises, although Microsoft didn’t really provide many details during its conference tonight.

Crackdown 2 is released in the UK on July 9, exclusively on Xbox 360.

Thanks, Gamerzines

1. reask

Tried the first demo and didn’t get into it.
    I must get back to it as I have heard only good things about this game.

2. AHA-Lambda

woah! Attention for this game!?

I forgot that this thing wasn’t even shown O_O

3. Callum

Ohh! more info please!! Anything about what will be needed to download the demo? A special key of somekind?

4. Gekidami

^ Only poor taste in games is needed. :D

5. Panipal2005

@ 5 Which explains your dislike for it, right? :)

6. MushroomStamp

@4 Obviously you have no taste. Crackdown was an excellent game. Everyone I know that actually tried it, loved it. Those that kvetched like little children never played it, or they lied about playing it. Again.. just more haters with no truth or basis other than their will to see others fail.

7. atheistium

Jesus, these articles are nearly identical. I’d be careful with that Joe.

8. Gadzooks!

Crackdown is one of the best games this gen IMO. It’s just pure gaming fun with the minimum of fluff surrounding it.

I like cinematic blockbusters too, stuff like Alan Wake and Uncharted I enjoyed a lot, but the oldskool gamer in me just loves the immediacy of Crackdown.

9. Gekidami

I just didnt like the game and have said why several times to which the only counter argument i’ve ever had was “Well you had to play it in Coop!” Sorry but a game thats only of any worth in one mode is a poor game.

Maybe the sequel will actually have stuff to do in it other then single objective missions, races and tedious object hunting followed by forcing people to make their own fun by messing around with the physics like some sort of tech demo and hunting for achievements because the devs werent bothered putting any sort of variety in the game.

10. Blerk

Cool beans. Will get! :-)

I never played Crackdown co-op and I thought it was a blast, Geki. I think the nub of it is the ‘make your own fun’ thing – I was cool with that, but I can appreciate that it’s not for everyone.