Kane and Lynch 2′s Undercover Mode gets detailed

Wednesday, 19th May 2010 16:55 GMT By Johnny Cullen

kandl2

Square Enix has released new screens and video of Kane and Lynch 2′s Undercover Mode.

The IO Interactive actioner is looking in good shape so far, with the latest media showing the game’s worth as a must-buy this summer.

Get the gameplay footage courtesy of D’Toid, who also have new shots as well.

It comes on the back of a reveal of the game’s Arcade Mode a couple of weeks back, with Fragile Alliance also getting the detail treatment last week. Get stuff on those here and here.

Kane and Lynch 2: Dog Days releases on August 27 in the UK for PS3, 360 and PC, with an earlier release on August 24 in the US.

1. AHA-Lambda

i dont care if i’m the only one that thinks so but k&l 2 looks awesome :)

2. elronathon

Is anything not rocking our faces off or blowing down the house and ultimately qualifying as a must-buy to you johnny?

3. AliTheBrit19

Looks awesome

4. dfar80

The first K&L was a guilty pleasure. It swinged from awesome moments to frighteningly average ones, and by the time you reach the later levels the enthusiasm goes away. Still, it’s both the “heist movie” motif and the main characters’ psyches which drew me in. I was taken aback when most reviewers said they couldn’t empathize with them – how was that necessary? It takes talent to write such amoral characters, characters who do nothing to seek the audience’s approval or fondle their “feel good” needs, and stick with it to the end without regrets. For that, IO have my thanks.

Not sure how I feel about K&L 2, though, especially about controlling the wildcard of the duo. He was the game changer, the unpredictable element. I suspect Lynch won’t suddenly snap and go shooting everything when I’m controlling him, and will unfortunately seem passive or out of character because of this. I hope they don’t let him express his temper only during cutscenes :/

5. The Hindle

That looks awesome.

6. xino

i love the graphics style effect that makes it looks like a camera view.
    also it’s in 60fps:)