Let Danica Patrick teach you the basics of Blur

Wednesday, 12th May 2010 23:25 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

danica2

Not only will she actually play a character in the game, but race gal and Go Daddy spokesperson Danica Patrick’s voice is featured in another tutorial for Bizarre’s new game.

Two were posted yesterday.

Today’s talks about the basics. Learn ‘em. Know ‘em. Do ‘em.

Blur’s out for PC, 360 and PS3 at the end of the month.

1. Stephany Nunneley

The video is still processing so, give it time to look better.

2. Razor

Is Danica Patrick the female’s equivalent of Tom Cruise in Top Gun?

3. Stephany Nunneley

I guess. Exact amount of cheese too. Not as bad as Iceman though.

4. Dralen

I’m thinking Split/Second is looking like more my type of game, since I did love the burnout games.

5. Boris Fett

It’s a saddening to look at this game when you remember the fact that it’s being developed by a company that has a track (no pun intended) record of really good racing games.

It is, to put it bluntly, a fucking terrible game.

6. Moonwalker1982

Are you serious Boris? I actually never cared for the PGR games, but when i played the beta of Blur i was hooked. With in total 20 cars on a track, it’s complete chaos and fun as hell!!!! Terrible? Come on now…you might just dislike it, but calling it terrible is overreacting, really.

7. Boris Fett

@ 6 I consider myself a fair judge when it comes to games. I don’t randomly bash franchises, I give every title a chance, and I enjoy almost every genre and format.

But the gameplay in Blur is just… bad. The car handling is terrible. The power-ups are terrible and the way they affect your car feels terrible. There seems to be little real depth to the actual game, and its way too easy to “game” the mechanics to win.

The cars feel like crap. I really, really consider it a terrible game.

I won’t deny on the dock level, there was a certain degree of fun to be had… *when* the right moments connect together. But those moments are rare, and the rest is just long expanses of track waiting for something mildly interesting to happen.

I was actually heavily defending this game before it came up, telling people that they should wait to play it before passing judgement on it. Now that I have, my shoe is shoved squarely in my mouth.

8. daytripper

i would like to kiss her

9. Tallon 4

@8: you mean…Nice milf? :)

10. Moonwalker1982

@ 7

To each his own then, cause me and all my friends love the beta. Plenty of other people on other forums can’t wait to get it. I really ain’t a big racing fan, but this one will be a instant buy :)

11. Khanivor

That woman is a fucking whore and an embarrasment. Why do so many women feel the need to get their tits out for some coverage? Makes no sense when you get plenty of coverage for the simple fact that you’re a woman in a man’s sport. Do some favours for your sex and fight the sexists and put your frigging tits away.

12. DaMan

wtf is Danica Patrick?

13. pleasant_cabbage

If she wants to exploit silly men by making additional fortunes by getting her tender parts out, who are we to make judgement ;)

p.s. I have £2 exploitation money available should that be acceptable Ms Patrick.

14. Tallon 4