MGS: Peace Walker nabs 40/40 in Famitsu

Wednesday, 21st April 2010 04:20 GMT By Nathan Grayson

mgspeacewalker

Stop the presses! Famitsu’s given top marks to the latest entry in a big-name videogame franchise!

What’s that? The sky is blue? Woah. No way.

No, no, dear reader. We haven’t come down with a serious case of “how the world works” amnesia. Those words up there? That’s sarcasm. Thanks for worrying about us, though.

It’s just that Famitsu – who once held onto its prestigious 40/40 perfect score like an overprotective mother whose child actually would find a way to break its back after stepping on a crack – seems to be displaying all the symptoms of big number fever.

On top of that, MGS4 managed a perfect score as well, while MGS3 scored a “might as well be 40″ 39.

Still though, while not surprising, it’s good to know, we suppose. We’ll almost certainly hear tons more when the game launches in Japan next week.

Thanks, Kotaku.

1. psxman

More articles from you please.

I imagine the merchandising will hit hard next week. I know I’ll be on eBay looking for some of those Uniqlo shirts.

2. Gekidami

:S Game still looks really good though.

3. Blerk

Shock!

Or not.

4. Patrick Garratt

I had a chap playing this for us in London yesterday. He’s was properly knocked out by it. There’s a May 3 embargo on previews.

5. Erthazus

@5 gameplay videos show that this is the best PSP game.

6. Patrick Garratt

I thought the demo was brilliant, innit. Best PSP game I’ve ever played, I reckon. Has to be.

7. Blerk

While we’re talking about the integrity of the gaming press… :-D

8. DaMan

Famitsu deepthroating as usual. very surprising.

9. Gekidami

Well yeah Blerk, post 2.

10. Blerk

Oops – sorry, Geki. No idea how I missed that!

11. theevilaires