PoP: The Forgotten Sands release slips by a few days

Friday, 9th April 2010 20:32 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

popsands3

Ubisoft has announced that Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands will miss it’s scheduled release date, but only by a few days.

This means that all formats will be released on May 21 instead of May 18 for DS, PS3, PSP, Wii, Xbox 360.

The PC version is still scheduled for June.

Last week it was announced that Europe would get a Collector’s Edition of the game with an XBLA and PSN code for the classic PoP game, along with bonus in-game content, like the survival mode, along with sand wraith Malik character skins.

PC version gets a copy of The Sands of Time instead.

Thanks, Eurogamer.

1. Gheritt White

NOOOOOOOOO!

Please, please be good! PLEASE!

2. Skorpy

Doesn’t stand a chance against Red Dead Redemption, or Alan Wake.

3. AHA-Lambda

worldwide simultaneous release now?

I REALLY REALLY want this to be good but my gut feeling tells me that it’s going to be mediocre. It’s out in 1 and a half months and we’ve seen practically zero gameplay from it and its a movie tie in. Does not bode well =/

4. Gheritt White

@ 3: I agree – This will be the first PoP since PoP 3D that I haven’t pre-ordered.

5. Sinasuperman

and I have question. why they keep every thing in secret?
    can any body answer my question?
    but after all some thing is good for us and that thing is that we can play all the game in our country(Iran) fo free but not free as you think it Cost 1or2$ for us to buy game and it is wonderfull don’t you think? and because of that we dont need to pre-order any thing , every game come to our country in time. for example we played Bioshock1, 1 week befor its release time! it is ridicules!!!

6. AlmightyDogbert

Shit. You heard it here first.

It’s near the release of a movie by the same name, that seals it for me.

7. M337ING

This isn’t a movie tie-in. They’ve had this in development since the previous Prince of Persia released.

8. AHA-Lambda

sorry but its still obviously under a strict deadline for the movies release therefore its a movie tie in