Valve doesn’t see need to change Gordon Freeman for next Half-Life

Monday, 5 April 2010 07:13 GMT By Johnny Cullen


Don’t go expecting Mr. Freeman to open his yapper in the next Half-Life installment: Valve boss Gabe Newell says he’s perfect as he currently is.

Speaking in the latest issue of Edge, Newell said that Gordon will still be the same crowbar-wielding, none-talking person in the next game in the series as he was previously.

“We haven’t had a reason to change that,” he said. “Most of what I’ve seen to date has been gimmicky and is entertaining for just a minute or so.”

And for letting him speak, Newell said:

“We’re not philosophically opposed to this, but we don’t have any good reasons to do it. Right now making your companions more interesting and compelling seems a more fruitful avenue to explore.”

Ever since the 2007 release of Episode Two for PC, as well as The Orange Box, everything on Half-Life 2: Episode Three has gone quiet, although Valve did say it was still in development last summer.

But despite that, especially with Portal 2 on the way this holiday season, looks like we’ll be going without Gordon again this year.

Sometime soon, please. Please? Pwetty please?

Via CVG.