Resident Evil: Afterlife shots are a bit wet and wild

Thursday, 1st April 2010 18:03 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

reafterlife

Some snapshots from the Resident Evil: Afterlife film in the works have landed on the net.

You can view the lot over on Capcom Unity.

Originally slated for an August 2010 release, the film was pushed into 2011.

Enjoy.

1. Dralen

Ding!

2. The_Villa

weeeell, another game-movie disaster.

3. Gekidami

No. Its a sequel to the same, ongoing disaster.

4. Erthazus

I don’t think that it is a disaster.

first movie was great
    second was a complete failure
    third was an OK movie. Nothing special.

5. Dralen

Well, there’s sure as hell alot worse trash movies out there. And if Resident Evil is what it takes to get Milla Jovovich on the big screen, then that’s what it takes.

6. Phoenixblight

None of the movies are at the level of Pirates of Carribean but far better than the normal run of the mill popcorn movies *cough* Transformers *cough*

7. Yoshi

@6 couldnt have put it better myself

8. Gekidami

I guess that because i’m such a hardcore RE fan, seeing the plot get butchered in these movies just gets on my nerves.

9. Phoenixblight

It got on my nerves at first seeing the Series get butchered with a movie but its Mila.

I assume you played RE5, that butchered the series there all in a 10 hour game.

10. Hunam

The first and 3rd Resi films are good entertainment fodder, the second one was a joke though.

11. Phoenixblight

I agree the second wasn’t as good as the first and the 3rd. You have to remember they want the movies to go to the general public and not the hardcore. Look at what hollywood did to Xmen, the last one in particular. I absolutely hated the movie but the people that didn’t follow the comics, thought it was great.

12. The Hindle

I still have nightmares from the last Xmen movie admantum bullets

/shudders.

There is so much potential for a good Xmen game but they need to give it to a developer who is a fan.

13. McLovin85

PotC movies were complete crap… the first one was ok but the other two were a pile of shit.
    Res Evil movies were sort of ok (for game to movie adaptions) and a guilty pleasure for people such as myself but i would in no way regard them as being good movies because they were not. they strayed so far from the original material it was a joke.

14. Josh411

Their filming this in my city! Same with the second one! Last movie they were paying 200 to be a zombie Havent seen em around much this time around

15. Bulk Slash

The only good thing in Anderson’s RE movies was Sienna Guillory as Jill Valentine in the second one. Everything else has been a complete failure. I can’t believe they got Ali Larter back too, she was shit in the last film.

16. DaMan

pretty much, Bulk Slash. I agree with you on that.

17. Gekidami

18. Erthazus

I liked the trailer.

Actually i don’t understand what people expecting from the RE movie. They are expecting game story in movie and that would be really boring.

first of all Resident Evil movies is all about zombies and some lore from Resident Evil games, but not from a Resident evil setting/story and people don’t understand that and until then, they will say that the movie full of shit. Its just action movie with zombies and interesting environment.

My GF that never played RE games liked first one and the third one, but thats just because she never played the game.
    I played every Resident Evil game on my consoles and still enjoy the movie. I enjoy to see something from RE lore to the movies. Its fun and entertainment.

19. Yoshi

@15 i hate Ali Larter when she does that wierd face on Heroes lol she like pokes her mouth out for somethin lol XD

@17 Thanks, trailer looks interesting i guess it didnt really wow me. I dont think they took much from the Matrix except for the ending when they go through the glass with slo-mo XD