Visceral’s Jack the Ripper title is downloadable, says Pachter

Monday, 22nd March 2010 16:32 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Remember those trademark filings for a Jack the Ripper game from EA and Visceral last year? Michael Pachter reckons it’s a downloadable title for PlayStation Network and Xbox Live.

The Wedbush Morgan analyst recent paid a visit to the firm for a meeting with senior execs, including CEO John Riccitello.

In a report from the chat, where it mentions its $100 million operating cost reduction, it said:

“In its Visceral Games studio, which is located at its headquarters, the company is currently developing Dante’s Inferno (just released), Dead Space 2, and Ripper (a new PSN, Xbox Live game).”

Chances of seeing it this year? Higher than it was before. So far, Visceral’s released Dante’s Inferno for PS3, PSP and 360, with Dead Space 2 coming sometime between January-March 2011.

1. onlineatron

‘Isometric prostitute murder sim’

2. Blerk

Definitely a gap in the market for that kind of thing. :-D

3. DJ Deathstar

Well they did say they were gonna do more digital distribution games, spose could be this along with the 2 rumoured dead space games (Extraction port and Planet Cracker)

4. Eregol

I’d laugh if this isn’t the case.

5. onlineatron

As much as I joke, and know it’s not gonna happen, imagine a game where you played a serial killer… a game where you really had to get into the mind of a murderer, plan your kills, cover your tracks, meet your victims, mess with their minds.

Perhaps that’s just my disturb mind at work, but it sounds quite cool.

6. Gekidami

I think it already been confirmed that in this game Jack actually fights demons and the like. So whilst a game where you play the double life of a serial killer would be interesting, this isnt that game.

7. blackdreamhunk

patcher is a loser and knows nothing about gaming…….oh wait maybe he should stick to consoles….he knows nothing about hardware and pc gaming.

his creditability is garbage just like a lot of other game devs.

8. Crazyreyn

It’s amazing Pachter gets so many news stories (everywhere, not just here). I can see it for long term hardware cycle stuff – makes more sense as an analyst – but for something like this? I think at this point he’s just saying stuff for a laugh.

9. Eregol

He’s not a game dev BDH.
    He’s an analyst.
    Also, his name is Pachter, not Patcher.

When did he ever say he knew stuff about PC gaming anyway?

Are you once again reading between lines that aren’t there?

10. blackdreamhunk

@Eregol

goes to show you don’t look at my links and spew garbage and hot air at me…..maybe go back to the other thread I last posted in it and you will find out.

did I say patcher is a game dev?

11. DaMan

Jack the Ripper fights demons? wow, next they make a game about Ted Bundy defending our world from evil or something.

12. DaMan

also, bdh you really should STFU.

13. Panipal2005

@ Onlineaton

Like the Manhunt games?

14. DaMan

you don’t play as a serial killer in Manhunt, how’s that comparable at all? the context was completely different.

15. Johnny Cullen

In fairness BDH, no-one looks at your links.

16. onlineatron

HOLLA!

JC laying the smackdown!

17. Patrick Garratt

I look at them. I especially liked the “you suck” Wrestling one.

18. Neolucifer

lol can’t say i’ve even tried to look at it .
    His behavior already reminded me of those conspiracy nuts who would always try forcing you to watch their youtube “documentaries” about the “truth behind 9/11″ .

Hell some of them could even actually raise good points , but their rabid and frantic behavior kills any chance of actually conveying any relevant info .

19. DeSpiritusBellum

@1 Hahaha.

I was thinking it would be more like Operation, except instead of fiddling with organs you’re gonna be severing tits and removing vaginas.

In fairness though, I think it’s a pretty weak story to base a game on. Nobody knows anything about the guy.

20. Phoenixblight

They released info on the game a while back its going to be Van Helsing only with a well known serial killer.

21. Eregol

@BDH @10
    “did I say patcher is a game dev?”

Well, let’s see

“his creditability is garbage just like a lot of other game devs.”

Yeah, you pretty much said he was a game dev.
    No one looks at your links you wack job.

22. xino

if it’s hack n slash…count me in.

23. DJ Deathstar

Yeah BDH if you didn’t want to suggest he was a games dev you should have left the other out and said “his creditability is garbage just like a lot of game devs” Also “maybe go back to the other thread I last posted in it and you will find out.” Sorry didn’t realise we were supposed to know of every post you’ve ever made to know what you mean!