Final Fantasy VII is PSP’s most popular digital game of 2010

Saturday, 20th March 2010 14:56 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

ffvii

Sometimes, you just can’t keep a good game down. Those wanting proof should look no further than PSOne’s Final Fantasy VII, which is continually the most popular game on PSP’s download service despite the graphical prowess of current-gen titles.

So far this year, FFVII is the most downloaded digital purchase on PSP with the second most popular being Final Fantasy VIII – both beating out more modern games LBP, GTA, and God of War: Chains of Olympus.

Here’s the full list courtesy of PSN’s Pulse, via D’toid.

1. Final Fantasy VII
  2. Final Fantasy VIII
  3. Tetris
  4. God of War: Chains of Olympus
  5. Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories
  6. LittleBigPlanet
  7. Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories
  8. Madden NFL 10
  9. Gran Turismo
  10. Resident Evil 2

1. Stephany Nunneley

The person who keeps posting game spoilers needs to stop or face the hammer. I am not joking.

2. Edward Cullen

Yay! Go Steph! :D

but i think he doesn’t care…

3. Edward Cullen

Kill.ME.NOW.

4. Stephany Nunneley

Well guess what. Just because your game was ruined gives you no damn right to ruin it for us on here. Your IP will now be reported as SPAM from here on out.

5. Michael O’Connor

Well done Steph.

Even if what he says is true, it’s not that big a deal. There’ll be another game anyway. =P Magic did it!

Also, FFVII being the most downloaded digital title? This should be surprising to… well… nobody!

6. Edward Cullen

whew thanks steph. But i think the damage is done, my most anticipated game on the ps3 is now ruined.bah.

7. Michael O’Connor

Go back to your mama, you moron.

8. Stephany Nunneley

Thing is, I could do this all day. :-D I am in no mood for trifling bullshit.

BTW – FVII was my favorite in the series. Yeah. I said it. ;)

9. Monk

wow in 2010 ?!
    I`m little surprise.

10. theevilaires

wow go Stephany! :D FFVIII FTW all day though ;)

11. Johnny Cullen

I’ve been trying to delete comments all day from this fucker.

It’s not helping that I haven’t played either. :(

Anyways, like Steph says, his IP has been reported anyways.

12. Edward Cullen

Do you guys reckon it’s *that* guy whose recently, you know?

13. Stephany Nunneley

Dunno. The IP originates from Germany. But in this day and age that means squat. Still. Our SPAM filter works rather well.

14. theevilaires

probably was RGW

15. Michael O’Connor

Did RGW get banned or something? He’s been awfully quiet…

16. Stephany Nunneley

@14 & 15 – No, he was Canadian, and yes.

17. Edward Cullen

are you sure he’s not RGW? that attack doesn’t look like just trolling. He was trying to destroy the community here. And based from what *happened* back then he’s capable of that, i think.

18. Michael O’Connor

@Stephany, Whoo, justice has been served for the greater good! I approve. (Sometimes I wonder how my overly aggressive personality hasn’t already gotten me banned. Not complaining though!)

Aaaaaanyway… so, about that FFVII, huh? Still a damn solid game in my opinion, and having it in your hand is just awesome.

If someone had told me 13 years ago that I’d be able to play this game on the bus… I would have told them they were mad!

19. Johnny Cullen

Definitely not RGW anyways.

20. Stephany Nunneley

I will be so glad when the “ignore” feature is implemented. I hope it works for us too Johnny. :(

21. Gekidami

“I hope it works for us too Johnny.”
    So we can ignore you 2 as well? Would that result in us not seeing news posts by you 2? :P

22. Stephany Nunneley

Gek that was not very nice.

23. TheWulf

Oh well.

On the original topic, I have to say that FF VII was a favourite for me too, but largely due to Nanaki and how absurd the story was as a whole. And absurd it was, but in wonderful ways which I wholeheartedly appreciated.

My second favourite is Final Fantasy IX, which is probably the best stab at storytelling they’ve made thus far, since that game had a nice story, great narrative, and really charming characters. Even the hero of IX was really likeable and that’s so rare for a Final Fantasy game.