BioWare: Dragon Age 2′s graphics to be “super hot”

Saturday, 30th January 2010 04:25 GMT By Nathan Grayson

dragonage13

Ever gone out with someone who was charming, interesting, and funny, only to notice that they had something stuck between their teeth? And though you were charmed, interested, and funned, all you can remember now is that giant chunk of broccoli that hung on for dear life as they took you for a verbal rollercoaster ride?

Well, Dragon Age is kind of like that. Only the thing isn’t in Dragon Age’s mouth; it’s around it. The thing is Dragon Age’s face.

Fortunately, Dragon Age 2 is trading its muddy, bleary-eyed look for some eye-candy, at least, if BioWare VP Greg Zeschuk is to be believed.

“I think one of the key things we’re working on in Dragon Age 2 is the technology,” he told Joystiq. “I can confirm that we’re doing a lot of work on the Dragon Age engine, and doing a lot of stuff to pump it — to make it visually super hot.”

“I think the overall visual style we’re going to continue to evolve in Dragon Age,” he added. “People are going to see some cool … I can’t really say too much, but I think Dragon Age as a world is interesting. It’s a timeline, and you can go anywhere.”

Anywhere? Even the future? Can you say “Dragon Age-Mass Effect crossover”?

1. Dralen

If they can make Dragon Age 2 look as good as Mass Effect 2 and run just as well, I’ll be a very happy man.

2. Pyrix

I hope they don;t sacrifice character development and storyline aspects for that though, the characters in DA:O were some of the best characters, in terms of their personality and interaction, I have ever seen (particuarly Alistair, Morrigan and Shale, I kept them in my party not because it was the best combination for a group (no rogue) but because they were funny).

But then, this is Bioware we are talking about, so it should be fantastic either way.

3. endgame

but dao is looking awesome on low and high as well. still, if they can improve it, why not!? :)

4. Hunam

Dragon Age was a good enough looking game to be honest. It had a very long development time though and you can kind of tell it was built for the PC as a top down game really. There are lots of places where clicking on things can be a little awkward unless in top down view, and the textures on the walls and object are very low quality in places that you just don’t notice top down. Personally, the animation needs the most work. When you enter battle everyone jangles around like string puppets.

5. AHA-Lambda

So dragon age 2 at e3 then? :P

6. blackdreamhunk

when dragon age looks like crysis I will be a very happy man

:P

7. The_Villa

You know, if the story is as good as the first, I dont care if it look like an Atari 1600 game