Climax voices interest in developing another Silent Hill

Wednesday, 27th January 2010 05:07 GMT By Nathan Grayson

silenthillshatteredmemories

Climax, developer of the out-in-America, en-route-to-UK survival-horror remake Silent Hill: Shattered Memories, isn’t done popping out and shouting “Boo!” at gamers just yet. Speaking with ONM, the developer said that it’s more than willing to take another crack at the spectacularly spooky series.

“We’ve always loved working on the series,” said lead designer Sam Barlow. “Since Origins we’ve spent a lot of time with the series. For us we felt we’ve put our stamp on the series with Shattered Memories so we’d love the opportunity to do another one. So everybody go and buy it!”

“I think this is the first Silent Hill since one or two where people are saying it has its own identity and people are responding to it really well so it would be great to take that further,” director Mark Simmons chimed in.

Well then, Konami, what say you?

More through the link.

1. Blerk

Origins wasn’t bad on the whole. A little uninspired (almost like a tribute to SH in places rather than an actual SH game) but if the proper SH team aren’t on the case any more and Konami insist on carrying on then Climax aren’t a bad choice. I’d like to see them do a 360/PS3 episode next, though.

2. Gekidami

I liked Origins, it was over all good with only the plot pretty much failing. Though Shattered Memories is just bad, no doubt any future games they make will be more like that unfortunately.

3. Blerk

I’m kind of curious about Shattered Memories. I think I’ll probably pick it up when it gets a bit cheaper just to see.

4. Phoenixblight

I am also curious about SHattered memories, I plan on getting for the PSP once I get one. :P

5. Alakratt

I’m also curious about Shattered Memories, I’ll probably buy it for the PS3 (PS2 version duh).

6. Blerk

So…. I’m the only one planning on getting the Wii version, then? What a strange turn of events. :-D

7. Phoenixblight

WHy would I do that? Have to buy the Wii again so I can play one game and let it collect dust again? Pass…