Ruffian confirms demo release for Crackdown 2

Tuesday, 19th January 2010 16:01 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Crackdown 2

Ruffian’s confirmed that Crackdown 2′s going to get a pre-release demo.

But speaking to IGN, James Cope, producer of the sandbox shooter, wouldn’t go into specifics as to when we can expect it on Xbox Live.

“You can definitely expect a demo to hit Live before the game is out but I can’t say when that will be… yet,” said Cope.

“The Crackdown demo was fantastic and we want to carry on in that form.”

Cope also talked about the difficulty between managing an upstart developer and developing a anticipated sequel.

“It’s been hard, but it’s been very empowering and rewarding for all. Despite all the risks and challenges the team is doing itself incredibly proud.

“It’s a superbly talented team and in some ways we’ve been lucky, but underlying it all is that it’s a very hard and painful slog which the team deals with brilliantly.”

The game is expected to launch in the first half of this year, according to Microsoft’s Aaron Greenberg.

And if you haven’t watched it yet, go get the VGA trailer here.

1. Blerk

Good to hear it’s getting a demo, although to be honest… I don’t actually need one. It’s a ‘buy’ regardless. The first one was just ridiculously fun.

2. onlineatron

I fear that the demo will be all I need of the game and won’t buy it afterwards.

I want it for quick fix carnage fun… and a demo might give me just that.

3. mington

they should make it an online demo like the burnout paradise city demo

4. Johnny Cullen

As far as I know, the demo for the first game was online, so why shouldn’t this one.

Although I skipped the demo and went for the game, although probably like most people, I bought it for the Halo 3 beta.

5. mington

i think my xbox got bundled with it

crackdown
    pes
    pgr4

how games have moved on this generation, thank the lord

6. DJ Deathstar

Should be an awesome demo like the first one! I hope its in the same format with the enhanced exp so your abilities go up alot faster thats one of the reasons i liked the originals demo, gave you both an idea of how the game is and the badass you become by the end!