When Visceral said Dante was locked at 60fps, it wasn’t lying

Monday, 14th December 2009 11:34 GMT By Patrick Garratt

dantetit

Digital Foundry’s posted what is probably the most boring performance analysis graph in the world, showing Dante’s Inferno so locked at 60 frames-per-second it looks as though Visceral’s thrown away the key.

We had a chat with Mr DF the other day, and he reckons the game’s excellent demo dropped two frames in 25,000. Play is 60fps, cut-scenes at 30.

Check out our video of the entire demo here. It’s out in February. Please buy it. God asked you to.

1. onlineatron

I didn’t enjoy the demo too much… it just didn’t have that ‘omph’ needed in a hack n’ slash.

2. Tonka

They use input prompts to trigger mini cut scenes that represents special attacks that aren’t usually available to the player. What a fresh idea. That might become a staple in this fresh new genre they have invented.

3. Psychotext

Impressive. I’m a big fan of games with locked frame rates as stuttering / tearing offend my inner graphics whore.

4. Tonka

Is that a massive tit in the screen shot?

5. Psychotext

Is the image name a clue?

(You’re a perv Pat)

6. Johnny Cullen

:D

7. Blerk

It was performing really nicely back at the EG show (much better than God of War III was) so I’ve no doubt they’ll do a stand-up job on this. And that was the PS3 version too.

8. draknahr

BTW the ps3 is the original system this was developed on (as with all EA games).

9. Psychotext

“as with all EA games”

Nuh uh.

10. draknahr

No? I must’ve misread, but from what I understood at least the majority are.

11. Neolucifer

I’m not surprised , the game is still cool enough , however it’s far from technical impressive .

It’s hardly an engine that should stutter and fall or at least have a good reason to do so …