VGAs – Who won what

Monday, 14th December 2009 12:43 GMT By Patrick Garratt

uncharted24

Reveals aside, you probably want to know who actually won what at the VGAs this year. See below.

For all the rest of the news from the awards, hit this. Thanks for the list, Kotaku, and to bobbymington for the heads up.

• Game of the Year: Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
  • Best Team Sports Game: NHL 10
  • Best Driving Game: Forza Motorsport 3
  • Best Music Game: The Beatles: Rock Band
  • Best Soundtrack: DJ Hero
  • Best Original Score: Halo 3: ODST
  • Best Graphics: Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
  • Best Game Based On A Movie/TV Show: South Park Let’s Go Tower Defense Play!
  • Best Performance By A Human Female: Megan Fox (Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen)
  • Best Performance By A Human Male: Hugh Jackman (X-Men Origins: Wolverine)
  • Best Cast: X-Men Origins: Wolverine
  • Best Voice: Jack Black (Brütal Legend)
  • Best Downloadable Game: Shadow Complex
  • Best DLC: Grand Theft Auto IV: The Ballad of Gay Tony
  • Most Anticipated Game of 2010: God of War III

1. Dannybuoy

There is justice in the world! Thank god Uncharted 2 got GotY! Couldn’t agree more. Good work Naughty Dog

2. pleasant_cabbage

Blerk didn’t win something?!?
    /needs a lie down

3. NiceFellow

Interesting that while GOTY (which I agree with) Uncharted 2 didn’t actually win its own genre category, losing to AC2 (which I enjoyed but which was certainly not as good as Uncharted 2).

Guess they wanted to really spread the results around.

4. Withnail

In what way is Flower an independent game? It was published by Sony.

5. Blerk

@p_c: heh heh!

The results overall don’t seem too mentalist until you get down to Best Performance By A Human Female. I mean, seriously? That’s the best they could come up with? I surmise they just wanted to get Megan Fox on the show to attract the droolers?

6. DUFFKING

You spelt ‘worst’ wrong on the multiplayer game award.

7. Robo_1

Yup, I think for video game awards, the whole performance category is just fluff. What’s with the whole “human” thing too? Did they have many other species up for an award?

8. Freek

If it was a serious awards show, the best performances would have also gone to the UC2 cast.

9. Blerk

Seriously, how did Nolan North not win that? He’s been in every other game this year.

10. onlineatron

It’s criminal that the Wolverine game got best cast.

That was by in large deserved by U2.

11. NiceFellow

Uncharted 2 had probably best voice work easily – although I would have to give Male performance to Mark Hamil for the Joker.

North did a great job, and the Joker was arguably more of a supporting role – but Hamil’s voice work was superbly nuanced and delivered, simply stellar. And a lot better than Wolverine, that’s for sure.

12. Agent 47

Plants Vs Zomies didn’t win anything? Nooooooooo

13. Bulk Slash

Megan Fox for best female performance? She didn’t deserve to be a nominee.

I’m amazed Modern Warfare 2 didn’t sweep every category, I look forward to trying Uncharted 2 when I get my PS3 for Christmas…

14. Gekidami

Its pretty clear that the awards for voice actors and cast went to whose the most famous rather then most talented.

15. mojo

as ive written in the liveblog:

UC2 Goty but not best action adventure?!
    majorROFL
    i mean this is not even subjective.. argue what u want, at the end of the day its logicaly false..

didnt play transformers, but played Wolverine. Best male voice acting?
    FUCKING ROFL!! i mean, even if jackman performed well, the thing is noone can tell coz of the horrible, horrible sound mixing..
    And from the parts i could understand i can tell, nolan north performed way better, no doubt. havent played B:AA so i cant say something about hamill.

problem about vga is, everyone and his dog can vote there (multiple times if he wants). Some only got xbox, some only PS3, some dont even have any of them..
    So its extremly biased from start..
    they should seriously reconsider their system seeing those results..

oh and:
    Best Individual Sports Game: UFC 2009 Undisputed
    isnt spike broadcasting UFC quite massively?
    someone else smells the coincedence?

16. theevilaires

this show is a joke. They spread everything around to keep everyone happy that’s all.

17. Gekidami

“UC2 Goty but not best action adventure?!”

Beyoncé got video of the year at the MTV Music Awards but Taylor Swift won best female video… OMG! Kanye West was right! It makes no sense!

18. The Hindle

Yep Uncharted 2 will clear up the goty awards now. Much deserved i say.

19. Digital Forge

Surprised more people didn’t look at Mark Hamill for the best male voice.

The only female voice I can remember distinctly was that of Harley Quinn from Batman AA, come to think of it the game had superb voice all round.

Glad Uncharted 2 won GOTY though.

20. Freek

Mark Hamil isn’t a relevant celebrity or a hot chick, so obviously he cannot win.

21. Eregol

Nolan North or Mark Hamill didn’t win best male performance?
    What’s up with that?

Congrats to Naughty Dog for Game of the Year though.
    Expect a Game of the Year Edition within 10 months.

22. No_PUDding

God of War III is most anticipted by who?

23. The Hindle

By millions of people Pud

24. Blerk

Lots of people, it would appear. But not me, I voted for Red Dead Redemption.

25. dirigiblebill

+1 Red Dead Redemption vote. Game looks awesome.

I’d have picked Batman: AA for best action-adventure.

26. bobbymington

@22 by me!

I’m buying a ps3 tonight, purely so come this March i can play it

27. Gekidami

You dont own a PS3, ofcourse you arent anticipating GoW3 Blerk. :D
    Cant wait myself.

28. DarkElfa

That Batman got looked over is an injustice.

29. Gekidami

What could have Batman won though? I’d say its a really good action-adventure game but theres more action and adventure in AC2.

30. Psychotext

It could have realistically won “Best Performance By A Human Male” or “Best Voice”.

(You know what I mean, it would have been something anyway)

31. Gekidami

I guess thats true though i was thinking more about the game itself rather then the voice work. But yeah; Mark Hamil should have won best performance.

32. blackdreamhunk

i agree with dragon age as best pc game of the year. best rpg too as well.

33. Hunam

So, I finally sit down to enjoy Uncharted 2. The first level, this is cool… ok a few glitches here in animation including Nathan Flying from the bottom of the pit onto a chair, thats ok though… wow, now Alistair and Morrigan are talking to me… Shit, I mean some guy and some woman with mysteries, whats that I can’t hear you over the sound of my dad coming around to bother me. Ok, back on track FUCK IT now my brother has come in interrupting the cut scene. Fuck it. I’ll do it live.

First 20 minutes with Uncharted 2 utterly ruined. What a fucking chore.

34. reask

^ :(

35. Dralen

Fucking Awesome! I’m sooooo glad Uncharted 2 got GOTY! Thoroughly deserved.

36. Hunam

Worse now, dad’s brother and wife have turned up, the two nosiest people on gods green earth. Maybe I’ll attempt to start it at 9. I wish to god I could afford my own place, damn recession.

37. MasterChiefFenix

glad i didn’t waste my time watching it. VGA=see numbers, grant awards -_-