Valve: Everyone in the UK will be playing Left 4 Dead 2 “by Friday”

Tuesday, 17th November 2009 22:58 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

left4dead24

Looks like those in the UK wanting physical copies of Left 4 Dead 2 should be able to get one by Friday.

According to a post on Valve’s official blog:

Due to high demand for L4D2, we decided to move various street dates forward for a coordinated worldwide release—except in the UK, where this was not possible (copies of the game are still arriving).

The good news is that we plan to have everyone in the UK playing Left 4 Dead 2 by Friday morning. Those who pre-ordered in the UK before the worldwide launch have been given access to the game.

So there ya have it.

Via BigDownload.

1. Dannybuoy

Once again. Us humble blighty folk get shitted on. When will our mighty land get treated like the rest of the world? It’s like we’re the small runty kid at school who is forced to the back of the dinner queue. We may be smaller but we’re just as hungry as everybody else!

2. SplatteredHouse

That’s some kind of statemeent, especially considering it’s not even being released for one platform. Do they think they command that much adoration! :p
    /runs

3. freedoms_stain

Shat on Dannybuoy, we’re being shat on.

4. Stu

I saw the Tweet, was quite confused. The game’s not meant to be out until Friday anyway, so how is it news?

The Tweet was: ” An Update for all you Zombie Killers in the UK: Due to high demand for L4D2, we decided to move various street date”

Yeah. EXCEPT the UK’s, so it’s really not that much of an update! Unless i’m missing something?

5. Dr.Ghettoblaster

I won’t.

6. DarkElfa

Don’t get mad Danny, its just that that runty kid was a bully in the last grade and used to steal everyone’s milk money but now that everyone is bigger, they pick on him now for revenge.

7. DUFFKING

Amazon’s delivery estimate was 23rd of November for me :( So I cancelled and reordered with game and it’s been packed already. Just waiting for despatch :)

8. Dannybuoy

ha. and I don’t even own a PC or 360… I’ve just lived in this country long enough to know we get a bum deal! No God of War Collection for us… see what I mean..

9. Whizzo

One thing I’ve learnt from playing the PC version last night is that cricket is obviously a lot more popular in the South than I thought.

Either that or melee weapon choice is random but that can’t be possible! ;-)

10. Blerk

It obviously realised you were British and presented you with a weapon accordingly. Were you at any point killing zombies with a cup of tea?

11. Whizzo

No tea unfortunately but a six pack of cola is an in game item that you can use to bash zombies. :-)

12. Blerk

I did enjoy the guitar in the demo.